Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rock Guards-flap vs. brush style - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Keeper

Towtector makes an adjustable brush style guard. I have their premium version and love it. Haven't found a rock chip on my boat yet. But I don't tow on gravel at all either. Just another option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

http://www.towtector.com/index.cfm/p...prod/prd37.htm
Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleyeGuy17 View Post
Towtector makes an adjustable brush style guard. I have their premium version and love it. Haven't found a rock chip on my boat yet. But I don't tow on gravel at all either. Just another option.
Thank you for the info and review, helps allot

Thanks for the link to the product REW
Old 03-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
I have Rock Tamers and a bit dissatisfied with them. They cut down on rock chips, but not allot. I still get allot of rocks inside the boat. The problem is that they don't knock down the rocks. Because they're rubber, the rocks bounce off them and many times right over them and into the boat. Brush style for me next time. Either style can cause damage if not set properly. If they're too low, they'll fling tons of rocks at your boat. Trust me, been there done that after getting the wrong springs installed in my truck.
I agree with the bouncing affect of the rocks and ending up in the boat and who know how many hit the sides of the boat ? I am not really sold on the brush either, ideally a flap that was soft or absorbent on the "truck" side to stop the rocks but allow them to just drop rather than bounce. Ever seen something like that?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
I agree with the bouncing affect of the rocks and ending up in the boat and who know how many hit the sides of the boat ? I am not really sold on the brush either, ideally a flap that was soft or absorbent on the "truck" side to stop the rocks but allow them to just drop rather than bounce. Ever seen something like that?
I'm going to glue or bolt on some black outdoor carpeting on mine this year.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
I'm going to glue or bolt on some black outdoor carpeting on mine this year.
I was considering that as well, in fact bought a small area rug to attach but wonder about it becoming a chunk of ice hanging there in the winter.