Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Walleye Lake in NorthWest Wisconsin? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Keeper

Default Best Walleye Lake in NorthWest Wisconsin?

Just looking for any suggestions on Walleye lakes in NW Wisconsin. Go there each year and always like to try a different lake. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Keeper

No one have any suggestions???
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Minnow

Chippewa(sp), Willow, Gile, Turtle-Flambeau flowages are all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Wallhanger

Could you be a llittle more specific on area?..NW Wi covers alot of area. I live in Rice Lake and fish anywhere from Lake Wissota to Pool 4 by Redwing. From there to Yellow Lake by Webster over to the Hayward area. Lac Courte Orielles, Grindstone, Whitefish, Chippewa Flowage and then all the way over to Big St. Germain by Woodruff. Right now Pool 4 on the Mississippi is starting to heat up. Really my only choice at the moment. You can fish that year round. In May I would hit Big Chip, Lake Wissota. Red Cedar turns on in late May and early June. Minong Flowage is good at those times too. July and August are sometimes tough. You can do well by trolling at night on the clear deep lakes like LCO and Grindstone. September and especially October can be awesome for deep water vertical jigging on those lakes too. Long Lake in Washburn county has not been much good for the last few years. Sand Lake by Stone Lake is improving by leaps and bounds. Good numbers and very healthy fish. Cast big paddle tails into cabbage edges for bigger fish. Be prepared to lose a few to bite-offs. **** muskies! lol
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Keeper

Thanks Jeff, I have a trip planned for the big chip the last week of may and the first week of june. Hope to get into some nice walleyes then. Will be fishing the LaCrosse area of the Mississippi the last two days of March. Hope I am not too late for the spring run.