Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Beware tournament anglers fishing in Wyoming - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have been in contact with the Wyoming Game and Fish on this issue. The update that I received this afternoon was that the issue is under review. I believe they feel that there is a conflict of interest here that needs to be looked at and possiby ammended. I will let everyone know the details as soon as they get back to me. For now I would very much reccomend that all of our anglers going to Boysen for our event this weekend please do not keep any Walleye unless they are your dinner Friday night...

Thanks
Rob Davis
And make sure to evacuate your bowels after that walleye dinner Friday night or early the next morning just to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have been in contact with the Wyoming Game and Fish on this issue. The update that I received this afternoon was that the issue is under review. I believe they feel that there is a conflict of interest here that needs to be looked at and possiby ammended. I will let everyone know the details as soon as they get back to me. For now I would very much reccomend that all of our anglers going to Boysen for our event this weekend please do not keep any Walleye unless they are your dinner Friday night...

Thanks
Rob Davis
Thanks Rob for the update!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickerShad View Post
I have never had my freezer or cooler or anything checked, so I am curious about this. Other law enforcement entities in WY do not have the right to enter or search private property without a warrant or probable cause, so how does Game and Fish get away with this? Is it probable cause that you are over your possession limit if you are checked with a limit of fish? Or did they go ahead and check your freezer and the freezers of your friends because you gave them permission instead of forcing them to obtain a search warrant? Just curious as I am not aware of game wardens in WY having more rights than other law enforcement agents when it comes to searching private property.

I need to quit reading this thread as I am becoming less and less a supporter of WY Game and Fish, especially their law enforcement section.
I am by no means an expert but from what I understand, if they have probable cause (from experience, that is a limit of fish on hand and proof that you've been fishing there for more than one day) Wyoming wardens do not need a search warrant to search your private property. And don't believe for a second that they won't do so.

For the record, I've never gotten a ticket in Wyoming but I have been through the wringer more than once.

Some other laws that get enforced vigorously that many folks find, uh, surprising:
1.You must have a receipt for any minnows and they must be for the drainage you are fishing in Wyoming...never mind that Glendo is loaded with trash fish. Never mind that the minnows you buy can be loaded with trash fish if a guys with a seining license is selling them...

2. You cannot have any water in any livewells and all of your fish must be dead when you pull your boat out of the water. I know people who drug their boats away from the ramp (camping at the lake) and were ticketed for this.

3.You cannot camp anywhere that is not a designated camping spot at Glendo anymore. They will ticket you and run you out of the park for doing so. Never mind the fact that there isn't adequate camping facilites. This started last year. Not very many reservable spots either. You go and hope for the best if you intend to camp in the park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Law?

Isn't the intent of this law to keep people from KEEPING over their legal limit? Such as cleaning fish and going back out, fishing 10 days In a row and keeping them all etc...... Everyone knew they were not keeping those fish. I think that is a joke! To me it is like living up a little old lady for driving one MPH over the speed limit and giving her a ticket, when there are people drinking and driving, selling illegal drugs, stealing etc., to try and take care of. DO SOME REAL WORK!!!! Just my opinion.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Wallhanger

Any updates on this?