Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pro guide 2075/ verado 200 trim issue - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
Yup, second from lowest setting
Normally a Tempest will lift both bow and stern well, - and in that hole.
and, 6300 is perfect rpms.
-Do you have a transducer or transducer board hanging down below the hull line a little too far down???
That will cause what you describe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Wallhanger

I just realized a provided some bad info. Sorry about that. I assume you have the 4 cylinder Verado? I used the 6 Cyl Verado pro when I was discussing the gear ratio. The Pro uses a 1.85 ratio while the 200 4 cylinder uses a 2.08. This make a pretty significant change in what I was thinking. It drops your prop slip down to 14% which gets you close and within relm of what you should be seeing. I suspect a few changes could get you down around 12%, anything after that is going to take some serious setup work and 12% is completely acceptable. Honestly, even if you manage to get down to a 10% prop slip, it's only going to yield a slight speed increase to about 49 mph. Considering this info, I don't see you gaining much unless you can turn a bigger prop and still get above 6000 rpms. This is basically what the mercury test was showing also as they were turning a 21P Enertia.

I ran the numbers posted in that test and they were getting a prop slip of 7%. Makes me a little suspect of the numbers they posted as that is ridiculously low for a deep V boat?? maybe I'm missing something?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Minnow

Not really, while the transducers themselves are obviously below the hull line, the plate is not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Keeper

I have 1875 pro guide with Honda 90 and was have problems with the motor over heating was at number two hole. end up dropping the motor to number one hole and it corrected problem.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
I just realized a provided some bad info. Sorry about that. I assume you have the 4 cylinder Verado? I used the 6 Cyl Verado pro when I was discussing the gear ratio. The Pro uses a 1.85 ratio while the 200 4 cylinder uses a 2.08. This make a pretty significant change in what I was thinking. It drops your prop slip down to 14% which gets you close and within relm of what you should be seeing. I suspect a few changes could get you down around 12%, anything after that is going to take some serious setup work and 12% is completely acceptable. Honestly, even if you manage to get down to a 10% prop slip, it's only going to yield a slight speed increase to about 49 mph. Considering this info, I don't see you gaining much unless you can turn a bigger prop and still get above 6000 rpms. This is basically what the mercury test was showing also as they were turning a 21P Enertia.

I ran the numbers posted in that test and they were getting a prop slip of 7%. Makes me a little suspect of the numbers they posted as that is ridiculously low for a deep V boat?? maybe I'm missing something?

No worries at all, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me.
The speed increase is less of a priority to me than having the boat trim out and ride properly. If that much hull is in the water at cruising speed everyone is going to be soaked in even the lightest chop and the fuel consumption is going to be awful.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
Not really, while the transducers themselves are obviously below the hull line, the plate is not.
Well now, let's talk about this. Aren't those big-honkin' SI transducers meant to be mounted high, and not in the water while on plane?

Heck, you might as well be dragging a drift sock,,,,,,,

HRG
Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Minnow

I think that difference would be negligible. I've heard varying ideas on where to put the LSS transducers. I've had mine above and below the regular 2d skimmer and didn't notice any difference in boat or sonar performance at all.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post

So, based on what you're telling me, short of moving the motor up or down a hole there's really not a whole lot I can change that will make a big difference. I guess I kind of anticipate that since everything else was the same on my last rig. You would advise to try moving the motor up a hole before dropping it down, correct?
Thanks again for your time!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Minnow

I have a 2075 Pro Guide with a 150 mercury 4S. When dealer ran the boat empty with a Tempest 19 pitch it went great. Now load the boat up with 5 batteries, 2 chargers 2 electric anchors, Ulterra bow electric, 15 rods and more tackle than I can use, plus 40 gal of fuel, and a kicker on the rear. The bow will not come up with this set up or a Tempest 17p. No bow lift when trimmed all the way out. Went to a Merc Rev 4 prop and now I get bow lift but lost 2-3 mph. I also use a Merc spitfire 4 blade aluminum when in Canada with all the rocks.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Minnow

So may I ask what you're getting for top speed loaded with the 4 blade? And is the boat trimming out and planing the way it should? On my 2013 pro guide 2010 I could get 50mph loaded and have nothing but just the last little bit of boat in the water when I was trimmed up. It just seems so strange that there's such a huge difference between the two boats.

Tags
big tiller , pro guide , trim , verado