Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger Reata Sea Dek Floor Install - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Keeper

Default Ranger Reata Sea Dek Floor Install

Installed the Sea Dek floor in my 2014 2050 last night. I decided to do this as I was very disappointed in my snap in carpet. Several of the snaps had pulled loose from the floor as a result of some of the long pulls I make. In fact the carpet for the rod locker came loose completely and was lost somewhere between Devils Lake and Fargo. Also, when towing the kids tubing and all the in & out when jumping off the boat for swimming, the carpet would stay wet for days. Combine that with the fish slime, crawler dirt and other stuff, it just wasn't real clean either.

So, I started looking for new solutions and came across Sea Dek. The process for insuring proper fit is no small thing. I had to make a template by tracing the entire floor on melamine film. This was sent to the factory where they scanned it in, converted it all to a cad file with precise measurements, and printed all the pieces on melamine and sent it back. I then cut all the pieces for a "dry fit". Somehow pieces were off either in dimension or opening placement...which I attribute to human error on their part , but I retraced proper openings on those pieces and sent back. I could have gone to production at that point, but opted for another dry fit. This time everything was almost perfect except two openings, which I retraced, and sent back. This time I told them to just go into production. I received the floor about 3 weeks after final approval (Thanksgiving) and finally got around to installing last night. There are videos on youtube that provide excellent guidance on how to install yourself. I followed their instructions. The results are excellent.

Overall, I'd recommend the Sea Dek floor, but it's not cheap. I have about $1200 into it. Carpet is pretty cheap compared to that. Here's a couple of pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea Dek 1.jpg
Views:	1152
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	183689

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea Dek 2.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	183697

Last edited by Sam I am; 12-13-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Minnow

That looks awesome great job. You have me thinking about my 2050 I took out my carpet a long time ago and the inside of the boat looks very bland. That floor makes the boat pop. I would think all of you measurements would be the same as mine, maybe when I am ready I could use some of your work to speed the process up on my boat. If you are ok with that. where are you from wondering if you live close by me so I could see it first hand.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Keeper

Thanks! I'm in Fargo, ND and the boat is in the garage. Sea Dek has my template on file...that should save you some time and work. I think this is what Ranger puts in their FS series. Not sure though. My boat is a 2014...I think there's some differences in 2014 from previous model years.

Last edited by Sam I am; 12-13-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Minnow

mine is also a 14 I am in the Chicago area what color is your sea deck is the white or gray and what thickness did you go with

Last edited by blackrangerreata; 12-13-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Keeper

I went with the storm gray and single sheet 5mm...anymore and it might be too squishy (in my opinion). They'll send you a free sample piece.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Very Nice indeed
Old 01-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Minnow

Very nice. I too had issues with the snap in carpet in my Reata 2050. Several snaps did pop off from the floor when removing the carpet. The carpet did stay wet for long periods but I often just removed it and let hang dry. Also not sure why they put carpet inside the rod locker and glued it down too. Once wet it stayed wet and rod handles would get musty and moldy. I would leave a box fan going into when it got wet to dry it out.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:32 PM
Minnow

Default Sea deck

wow, very impressive. Looks great
Old 01-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Minnow

Default Nice

Looks great! Just wondering how easy it will be to keep it clean looking?
Old 04-30-2021, 09:19 AM
Minnow

Default How did it hold up

Sea Dek still has your pattern, they sent it to me, price is now $1650. How did it hold up? Im thinking of going with a darker Gray.