Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Impact cover problems - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

I just brought my 1775 Impact Sport home yesterday. My cover looks the same as yours, with some slack between two of the grommets in front. I think it's to leave room for wires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

Mines a few years old, and is tight in front - both where the twist locks are located, and the very front corner snaps. Mine is a Pro V, not an Impact, maybe mine is wider?

But mine was not designed with any anticipation of a trolling motor cable coming through the cover. I don't snap the very first snap on one side to allow the trolling motor cabling to be routed. Maybe they are doing something a bit different to accomodate front mounted TMs?

Mine is pretty tight front to back. In the back I've found it best to pull the cover over the outside, back corner first, then slide the "inside" corner of the gunnel cover on. Same for removing.

I like being able to put the cover on my myself without being too much of a challenge. Certainly two people are better, but it's pretty easy to do without help.

I attach the front, and the first couple snaps on the very front from the ground level. Then get in the boat. From inside the boat, roll the cover back to the first pole, and snap one or two snaps on each side of the cover from inside the boat. Then continue to unroll the cover, place the second pole in position (My boat is a single console, not IFS). After the second pole is in position, roll out the cover to a point I can reach each back corner from the ground, get out of the boat, pull each back corner on the boat, and work up and down each side attaching the snaps.

Very methodical and predictable, even when putting the cover on without assistance. If the wind is really howling, I might attach an extra snap or two from inside the boat. I've put it on in some pretty big wind, and didn't have any issues.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettc View Post
I just got my new Lund Impact 1875 Sport. When I put the cover on it doesn't fit in the front. I can get all of the snaps on but the front flip/twist pegs don't line up and it is too wide. The cover also pools up water on both sides in the front. It seems to fit well behind the windshield. Is this the normal fit a cover should have? The tag is handwritten and says it is part number 2049607.

Thanks!
Mine is exactly the same....NOT IMPRESSED!!! I don't buy the trolling motor cable thing. I have mine over further and they fit just fine under the cover. The corner snaps fit well so it's not an issue of being for a wider boat. Simply poor engineering dimensions. Left hand not talking with right hand. Typical when things are outsourced.
I'm going to talk to my dealer about it. Also...the curved corners of the wiindshield frame look like crap. The part where it curves from horizontal to vertical on the side. The anodizing is all weird looking. Almost like stress cracks. Another quality issue. Other than that, which is all cosmetic...no issues so far.
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Minnow

ive had my 1775 impact for about a week now and the cover fits nice and tight front to back, contacting the dealer is what i would do
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Minnow

So it seems to be a problem with the 1875 impacts only?

I've noticed that the edging is not straight through this middle section. Makes me think that it could be an intentional design. Still not happy with it.

I noticed the windshield corners as well. That didn't bother me as much.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Keeper

Mine is pretty tight, fits very well all over the place. A bit of water pools up on the front. No big deal to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0119 copy.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	510.9 KB
ID:	15561  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Slot Fish

I'm not too happy with ours. We have a Pro V 1775, and the first front snap is a bad one to snap. Why don't they cover the whole bow? The carpet will fade, and is open to the elements. I think I'll call the dealer. Sure isn't his fault. Doug
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Wallhanger

I would say they do not cover the whole bow so they can put any type of trolling motor on and not have to fit a cover around it. Easier to sell covers this way. I do some canvas work and the fix would take me about 20 minutes. I would want it tighter so rain would not be driven into the boat. Here's what I'd do. The dealer should have a canvas person they use. Tell them you want the slack tightened up. I would think they would do it for free.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Keeper

Seeing these photos makes me very glad I had a custom cover made... For that $$$
Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Ben,
Really simple.
Take the boat and cover over to your local canvas shop and have them cut the excess out of the cover and make it as tight as you want.

Sure it should fit better. No, you should not have to deal with it. But this way you will have the perfect fitting cover and not lose any fishing time or boat shelter time by not having a cover that fits.

After you have it done, send the bill to Lund for recovery. That way, you will have the perfect fitting cover that you want at no additional hassle or cost to you. When you send in the bill - take before and after pictures of the cover so that they can clearly see the issue.

A good shop should be able to take care of the problem in about 15 minutes.

REW