Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Great boats with glitter - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Wallhanger

I like my glittering polyflake, thank you. That's why I got a Reata, it's a Fish-N-Play, so there, I have an excuse
A fishing buddy of mine called it a Fish-N-Gay we not buddies any more.

Redneck, I don't think so, that's Rednecks refuse to pay rangers price, it gets into their beer budget.

I'm an Alabamian and we manufacturer redneck's down hea. A redneck boat is a wood Jon boat with green algaeflake. I saw one a while back powered by Briggs & Stratton. The sign said; Will trade for fixer-upper four-wheeler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Keeper

Geeze, a few guys, me included, don't care for, think it unnessary, looks ugly, and you all get worked up, just like someone insulted a member of your immediate family!!
For the record, I own a reata, with some metalflake, and don't find it nessary. I bought my boat on the layout, and such, the ABSOLUTE last thing thing that I care about is what color combonation it is. I mean really, do the fish really care about what color the darn boat is, or what, what is the importance of having the flashiness?
Function over Fashion right?
Maybe not.
Oh, this has been written not to upset anyone, just to get everone thinking.
As for the ranger selling a bunch of boats, I sure would hope it has a lot to do with how well they are made, and not for how pretty they are
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Trucks View Post
Ouch..... That kinda stings..... I would think for a "super moderator" you would be a little more group friendly.

I just got done shining up my GLITTER and my darn 8 track player quite woking so I hit it with my gold chain.... I pitty the fool.
Jason-

see that little smiley face at the bottom of my post?

that means I am just poking fun. Thats all, just having some fun.

Last edited by perchjerker; 09-23-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Keeper

Several times a year, I get compliments on my Ranger. Guys usually say, 'Nice boat', and the gals with them say, 'That's a beautiful boat'.
I have yet to hear anyone say anything about a non-glitter boat while at the launch unless it's something really special.

I think the 'glitter' as it was termed, sets the boats apart from all the standard painted aluminum fishing boats....and the cost reflects that too. Mine is 9 years old and still looks like new. Most people can't even tell the age of the boat.

Now the hull on mine is white with the Ranger Stripe on the side. Not too much glitter on the outside of it. Sometimes I think there is something along the lines of too much though. If the entire hull and the inside are flaked, then it can be hard to look at for me.
My comments are over.
Dman
Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Keeper

No sweat... Me too....
I think this post is hilarious! I have to agree with Sparky for the most part. I just thought it was funny, the Mr. T reference and all. I do have one of the shinny fiberglass Skeeter’s and have gotten more complements on it than I ever did with the Lund I had before.... Both catch about the same amount of fish though.
I can harly wait for the next troller to set us off:-)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

yea lol

but sparkly aint everything

since I bought my Grady, I have had lots of compliments. Even from people stopped next to me at a traffic light while towing it around.

all that with no sparkles lol

Old 09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Wallhanger

Talking

I dont' have the "glitter" in my current boat, but I know one thing.
When I pass one on the highway, my head turns when it passes me. Dang, they sure look nice.
Looking nice doesn't catch fish, but at least you look good doing it
Old 09-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Wallhanger

Default OK got'a Pipe In!

All my glitter went out with my bell bottoms and silk shirts, I think it was sometime in the 70's. Also, the only women we get in our tin boats can catch fish,not in bikini's ,but in Carhartt's & goose down!

Glitter boats look nice but the guys with the walleye stink drive Tin!

Good thread for good laughs!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Slot Fish

Smile

Include me also, never cared for that polyflake glitter stuff.

I am looking at Ranger as my next boat purchase someday, but don't want the glitter.

Don J
Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Wallhanger

right on stinky....Obviously by my user name I am a tin guy. I never would want to spend insane amounts of money and than have sparkles/poly flake what ever you want to call it on my rig... Just not cool... Would you wear hand lotion with poly flakes in it like a 16 yr old girl Maybe get a truck with poly flakes, didnt think so All in good fun, no harm.