Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ordering a Lund/Honda combo? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 03-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Wallhanger

most dealers will sell boat/trailer combo w no issues, and if you are ordering it you can specify no mercury pre-rig. you will have to do guages/shifter and motor/controls but you can also try to price that into the deal. you usually save money w the combo from factory, but I saved big time getting a leftover boat/trailer only that was pre-rigged and they took the engine off to upgrade to a diff buyers boat and I stepped in and took it like it was. saved thousands getting motor myself, also a leftover I made out well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjoe View Post
But Lund's don't offer Yamaha's so you'd probably need to pay a bit more for one. A good dealer will help you out, but Lund wants you to buy only Merc or Honda. They rig them with either of those 2, hence the similar price.
Not true.
Jerry's in Beloit WI. will rig Merc, Evinrude, or Yamaha. I see a lot of Lunds in SE WI. with Evinrudes. I am sure there are other dealers who sell Lunds and will rig something else.
Mercury may be the cheapest option, but I'll pay a little more to get what I want want.
And believe it or not Jerry's told me Evinrudes and Mercs are same price, Yamaha a little more.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireLine View Post
Not true.
Jerry's in Beloit WI. will rig Merc, Evinrude, or Yamaha. I see a lot of Lunds in SE WI. with Evinrudes. I am sure there are other dealers who sell Lunds and will rig something else.
Mercury may be the cheapest option, but I'll pay a little more to get what I want want.
And believe it or not Jerry's told me Evinrudes and Mercs are same price, Yamaha a little more.
Thanks for all the replies. I believe the Mercury Verado's, hp for hp, are the most expensive rigged outboards. I think the power steering, smartcraft gauges, dts, etc is the main reason why they end up so high.

I still have about 2 weeks to make my final decision, but I think Honda is what I'm going to do.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Keeper

Thumbs up your choice

you will enjoy your rig everytime you launch because it is your choice....i have done the same twice and i always get " wish i would of done that" comments from people i talk with.....enjoy YOUR rig,,,,my 2 cents
Old 03-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

Mr Karirick, Thought you might enjoy reading this :

Google ---- Bass Boat Boards ---- click on "Honda Forum" ---- then click on "When I heard this about a 2001 Honda****

Last edited by minkman; 03-13-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Default 200 Hp Honda

My 200 hp Honda has been the best outboard most trouble free motor I have ever owned I have had 2 merc's , 2 evinrude , 1 Johnson , 3 Yamaha
Old 03-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

minkmans link:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=692969
Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Wallhanger

I would of picked a Honda is my dealer offered it. They are the quietest outboard I ever heard along with rock solid reliability.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karirick View Post
Thanks everyone. Got my final price quote today, and the cost is essentially the same vs the V6 Verado, powesterring, smartcraft etc.bBasically Verado rigging is more than Honda with hydraulic steering.

Very excited to put a deposit down hopefully inside of 2 weeks, then 8 weeks wait time for the boat.

Rick
THE HONDA 250 IS A V-6 THE DISPLACEMENT IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN THE 200/225 AND THE HOOD HAD TO GET BIGGER AIR INTAKES TO FEED THE BEAST FLY BY WIRE THROTTLE AND SHIFT IS SOOOO NICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyqR4CD27Dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoiquNOFtjs
Old 03-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

I just used the Lund "build" site for an Alaskan 1600 tiller, and a Honda motor was offered.