Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Huron on monday - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 11-03-2002, 06:48 AM
Mike

Default Huron on monday

Thinking about coming up tomarrow.Would like to here from anyone that fished over weekend. Thanks Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Huron on monday

My guess would be stay home. Too muddy.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:33 PM
gettum

Yes, that is the problem right now: the lake is too muddy after the blows of the last few days.. Was out today (Sunday). It was very calm, there were lots of marks, but no takers. Among all the people who cared to discuss their fishing on the radio, very few were catching ANYTHING. We all thought is was due to the cloudiness of the Lake, and that it would take at least 3 or 4 days of calm weather before it would be worth going out again.
gettum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Yes the Lake was cloudy/murky today and yes the fish were uncooperative but there is more going on than just cloudy and murky water. We've had good fishing before in far worse water than we have now and the water by Vermilion and west to Ruggles is cleaning up nicely.

There has been a drastic water temperature drop in the last 10 days, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking 12-15 degrees and I think that is what has shut them down. Whatever the reason, it has been as slow as I've ever seen it for this length of time.

I got 0 on Thursday, didn't fish Friday, 1-4 pounder Saturday and 1-6 pounder today. The bait was starting to group up again today and the fish were just about everywhere we went. There were a couple people that caught a few fish but I didn't hear anything close to a limit. If you go out, mind your P's and Q's. Wildlife personnel are checking things out!

Oh yeah! The Steelies fired up pretty good today off the Vermilion river.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Marc, Did the water have a funny milky color? If so the lake turned over and fishing will br tuff for 3 to 5 days. Then watch out!! And get out the cranks.
Talk to you soon. Jim
Old 11-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Wallhanger

hey guys,
in the past two weeks pymytuning has dropped something like 12 degrees, i just talking to someone on the phone about how the fishing is slow right now and in my opinion its cause the water temp has dropped so much so fast, with a water temp in the 46 degree range at pymy we should be kickin butt but we ain,t, theres some fish being caught but not alot and the bites over real early, also the allegheny river at the highland park dam has went from 60 degrees 2 weeks ago two 49 yesterday and i had to go to a small hair jig just to get a handful of fish and i worked fom them, my point being is i guess the sharp fast drop in temp has shut em down all over, theres always steelhead fishin LOL!!!!!