Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
RE: Madison Lake, MN - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-19-2000, 01:43 PM
Cory

Default RE: Madison Lake, MN

Hello,
I am considering giving Madison Lake a try on the
walleye opener this year. Is the walleye bite very
good here in the spring and where do you fish at
on the lake? Does the lake get much angler pressure on opening weekend or throughout the year? Any info. would be much apreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2000, 07:07 AM
night_eyes

Default RE: Madison Lake, MN

OOOhhhh dog did you find the right guy. I fish this lake religiously in the month of May. It can be downright unreal. But you have to pay a small price to catch the big ones...in that i mean you must be willing to try night fishing. If you can get by that you'll be alright. Opening weekend on Madison is nothing short of a zoo. But at night its much less calm and thats when the big ones hit anyway. I fish shallow...as shallow as a foot of water sometimes. Casting jointed rapalas and jigs and twisters into reedbeds...rocks...weeds...and current areas. To give you an idea of the quality of the fish we catch. I have a 31" on the wall. I have released 6 more over 8 1/2 pounds there. And countless numbers of walleyes over 4 lbs. Last opener...my uncle and I..6 walleyes..all released..total weight over 36 pounds...and thats the honest truth. 3 of those fish were over 27". I'd be glad to help ya more on this topic..im from Rochester..are you from the area? If you want you can email me at birdpuppy@hotmail.com. I'll answer any questions ya got..i'd be glad to help!