Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trolling motor battery's? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Wallhanger

Default Trolling motor battery's?

I currently have a 24 volt motor and have a bad battery. I am hoping to step up to a 36 volt terrova at some point this year but at the same time I don't want the boat parked till summer.

So if I buy 2 batteries now then add the 3rd a few months down the road or so would it make that much of a deal? I am just going to be buying the cheaper deep cycles from sams club in the biggest group size they offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Wallhanger

My opinion, go to batterys plus, buy 3 dual purpose 31 series, they usually have a sale in the spring, end of story, your set to go.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Minnow

Default 27 series

I run a101 I pilot with 3 group 27 batteries from Walmart , lots of run time . no complaints yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
I currently have a 24 volt motor and have a bad battery. I am hoping to step up to a 36 volt terrova at some point this year but at the same time I don't want the boat parked till summer.

So if I buy 2 batteries now then add the 3rd a few months down the road or so would it make that much of a deal? I am just going to be buying the cheaper deep cycles from sams club in the biggest group size they offer.
If your worried about the age difference in the batteries when you do purchase the 3rd one, no it wont be that big of deal. Just keep them maintained and charged properly and you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend going a long period of time. If I were you I would just buy one cheaper battery for now to get your 24v up and running, save the cash and then buy 2 more mid-summer.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Keeper

2 years ago I upgraded from a 12volt to a 24... My battery was one year old... I added a second one with a born-on date 1 year later and have had no issues. They are both Wal-Mart cheapos in the largest size.