Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Organizational/Format Suggestions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Complaint Department > Walleye Central Complaints, Kudos, Suggestions Etc...

Old 02-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Keeper

Default Organizational/Format Suggestions

You guys do a pretty good job, but breaking the forum down into subcategories would be tremendously useful for folks. I've pointed to BBC before and I'll do it again: Manufacturer subforums instead of "Boats", "Electronics", "Motors". Regional sub-forums would be great too. And finally...please, pretty please turn the [IMG] code on...so much simpler and reader friendly to do pics linked from photo bucket or some other hosting site.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Administrator

asking the mods about this. Was thi always off? Can you attach images from your device instead of using bb codes?

Lee
Old 02-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by modadmin View Post
asking the mods about this. Was thi always off? Can you attach images from your device instead of using bb codes?

Lee
To my knowledge, yes. I might be mistaken...

Test image:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...pskstkjtqp.jpg

it links, but on all the other forums I participate on, the image will display...

Thanks for any consideration.

Last edited by Sam I am; 02-16-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Administrator

from the looks of it. I don't think users were ever able to do bb codes for images.

Lee
Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Administrator

They were shut off originally to prevent users from uploading inappropriate content.

Lee
Old 06-18-2016, 06:19 AM
Keeper

Lee,
Police Inappropriate content...no offense, but isn't that what Mods do? There's so much traffic on here, someone is going to flag it for you guys.

It's so much more enjoyable to view pics like in this thread...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=723902

Just my 2 cents.

THanks,
Sam
Old 06-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Administrator

agreed..

We will talk to the mods and most likely it will work in your favor

Helena
Old 06-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Keeper

Helena,
Thanks!! I hope it works out.
Kind regards,
Sam
Old 08-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Wallhanger

I'd like to see a DIY, Projects, Restoration forum. People can show the unique ways they have solved problems, boat restores, and other projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
You guys do a pretty good job, but breaking the forum down into subcategories would be tremendously useful for folks. I've pointed to BBC before and I'll do it again: Manufacturer subforums instead of "Boats", "Electronics", "Motors". Regional sub-forums would be great too.
I have seen a few different forums split up 15 subforums into 30, it just makes it a mess and ends up hurting the exchange of information. Leaving many forums with close to zero traffic. ADDING manufacturer subforums may or may not hurt anything, but replacing the current structure with them would be disastrous, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
And finally...please, pretty please turn the [IMG] code on...so much simpler and reader friendly to do pics linked from photo bucket or some other hosting site.
Couldn't agree more. Much smoother creating posts and browsing other posts when pictures can be added using code.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjayn View Post
I'd like to see a DIY, Projects, Restoration forum. People can show the unique ways they have solved problems, boat restores, and other projects.
This would have to be discussed with the Mod team before it goes through.
Also I would like some more input form the community.

Quote:
I have seen a few different forums split up 15 subforums into 30, it just makes it a mess and ends up hurting the exchange of information. Leaving many forums with close to zero traffic. ADDING manufacturer subforums may or may not hurt anything, but replacing the current structure with them would be disastrous, IMO.
Agreed, I don't think this is something the mod team would be interested in doing.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Much smoother creating posts and browsing other posts when pictures can be added using code.
The Mod team has decided to turn that off quite a while ago due to people posting inappropriate images. They won't be turning that back on. This was asked by another one of my team mates earlier this year.

Richard.