Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS Gen 2 Chip problems - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Winkster

Default HDS Gen 2 Chip problems

I just purchased the new Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 2. I can't get the Lakemaster Insight chip nor the Navionics Platinum chip to work in it. Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Keeper

I don't know if this thread will help you. It sounds like you might be talking about different chips. If you are maybe someone can help you.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=182985
Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

Default What Version Lakemaster Chip

I had issues with my LCX 38 locking up with a Lakemaster version 7 chip. I visited Lake Master at the Little Falls location. They were very helpful, but that was before the Johnson Outdoors/Lake Master purchase. the chip always worked fine with my Gen One unit. To resolve I purchased a second chip and to date works fine in the LCX 38. Your situation could be the upgraded Gen 2 functions won't allow these chips to work. Lake Master, going forward, will only work in Hummingbird units we are told. This is a good site to post this question i am sure someone will come up with a answer. If all else fails call Lowrance CS,let us know what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
I just purchased the new Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 2. I can't get the Lakemaster Insight chip nor the Navionics Platinum chip to work in it. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Minnow

Guess I cant help you as far as why yours do not work. I can tell you that my Lakemaster and my Navionics work in both of my HDS Gen 2s.