Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
619 porposing problem - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Wallhanger

x2 on the getting the right prop. I think it can be cured with the right one. If you want flat out speed go with a 3 blade, if you want ride and bite get a four blade or even a high five. Moving the motor down will not fix the problem as long as it has a 3 blade on it. Also if it is too low in the water it can make it worse. Try a merc rev 4 or a powertech 4 blade. A high five works great but it is hard to say what your speed will be since you are not running at 5500 wot right now. you need more of a lifting prop and not all bowlift (ie tempest plus). Rev 4 and powertech ofs will give you the kind of lift you need at the stern. No need for trim tabs and fins if you get the right prop. when you are running wide open have somebody take the wheel and go back and look to see if the cavitation plate is above the water, it should be. I mean out of the water not just touching or draggin through it. If it isn't then you will need to lift the motor. This will also help in the ride. Talk to the propmann he is super to deal with and knows his stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

The other thing that you can do is to put about 1/16th inch hook in the middle bottom of the transom. This small amount of hook, will likely iron out all of your porpoising issues. Just a bit of epoxy and filler and you can easily mold a small hook in 30 minutes or so of work.

Simple and easy.

If you don't like the results, you simply sand it off.

Take care
REW
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Slot Fish

I would go with the 4 blade prop first, then possibly add a wedge between the transom and outboard, which would allow for more downward trim. That combination worked to solve a porpoising problem on one of my previous boats.