Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fort Peck Report - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck Report

The walleye action is getting good on Fort Peck. We fished yesterday and caght 11 walleyes and a northern and a smallmouth. The walleyes weighed 12,11,6,4, and the rest were 1-2 pounds. We caught them on crankbaits in 15-20 feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
motorguide

Hi Trapper John,

In general terms, where on the lake are you fishing?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

We are getting most in 15-20 feet west of Snow creek.Today we caught a 12.5 and a 8.5 and 7 between 1-3 pounds. The wind was brutal and we only saw 2 other boats. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM
motorguide

Thanks! I've been keeping my eye on the hellcreekmarina.com cam and the weather. The wind has been blowing pretty good.

How is that ramp for loading unloading in the wind? Do they have a break wall I can't see on the camera?

How far is it to the main lake from that ramp?

How much do you charge to let someone tail pipe?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

There is no breakwater at the ramp, but it is usually not bad loading or unloading. The main lake is only about 2 miles from the ramp. I have never charged anyone to follow me around. I think it would not be appealling to the clients. It is getting late enough that the fish are getting spread around the res. and the water temps. are around 61 degrees and they are getting active. Most good points going west will hold some fish. Some are in the weeds shallow and use jigs for them. I like large deep diver cranks for larger fish and to cover more country. Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Keeper

Trapper, PM sent to you
Old 06-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Minnow

Trapper good to see you over here also. i see your posts on the mt outdoor website once in a while. just found walleye central, its a pretty sweet website. anyway i too fished out of **** creek last weekend and did quite well. on sunday i headed west and we ended up getiin into them pretty good but didnt get any thing over 6lbs. now that the crooked creek ramp is usable do you know of anyone doin any good that far west. im out of billings and that would cut my drive down and hour both ways. ill be back up next weekend hopefully they are still hittin.

later
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Hello, Me and my wife are planning a trip to Ft. Peck next Tuesday (the trip I've been planning for a LONG time). We are going to hells creek, I have a few questions I hope someone will answer. Can I bring bait from out of state crawlers and leeches? How many rods can a person use ? I have a 18Ft. boat is this adaquate no marine radio. (Iam a little intimidated by a lake of this size and the wind ) And I hear the road from Jordan can be BAD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!! Jim
Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim L View Post
Hello, Me and my wife are planning a trip to Ft. Peck next Tuesday (the trip I've been planning for a LONG time). We are going to hells creek, I have a few questions I hope someone will answer. Can I bring bait from out of state crawlers and leeches? How many rods can a person use ? I have a 18Ft. boat is this adequate no marine radio. (Iam a little intimidated by a lake of this size and the wind ) And I hear the road from Jordan can be BAD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!! Jim
To say the road from Jordon is bad is definitely an under statement.With dry weather its just dusty with a lot of rain its terrible.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim L View Post
Hello, Me and my wife are planning a trip to Ft. Peck next Tuesday (the trip I've been planning for a LONG time). We are going to hells creek, I have a few questions I hope someone will answer. Can I bring bait from out of state crawlers and leeches? How many rods can a person use ? I have a 18Ft. boat is this adaquate no marine radio. (Iam a little intimidated by a lake of this size and the wind ) And I hear the road from Jordan can be BAD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!! Jim

An 18 foot boat is very common in the area, and should be plenty, you will just have make sure you pay attention to the changing weather conditions, because it moves in quick.

You can have two rods per person, and I don't know about out of state bait.

I linked the regs.
http://fwpiis.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=26317

As far as the road, I have never driven to a ramp with a paved road, I don't think it is that bad. New gravel was place in 2004 (huge improvement)and was still in good shape last year. I haven't driven it yet this year. That is all I got.