Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
electric winch opions wanted - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Minnow

Default electric winch opions wanted

need to replace old winch and was wondering your thoughts on the electric ones. any suggestions. i have a 620 vs. also wondering about wiring one. dont want it to get messy, any good ideas welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Yup, don`t buy a Trac winch. Your boat is to heavy for that winch. It will pull it but WAY to slow. I have one that i tryed on my Triton. Took it off and put a 4000# pull atv winch on. Changed the cable for a strap, it works great. Very fast, 17 ft. per min. Wiredog
Old 06-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Minnow

Check out Powerwinch products. I have had three of them over the years, and they perform flawlessly. I always get the next largest size recommended for boat to make sure I have enough pull. They bolt on the winch stand in place of the hand winch. I keep a deep cycle battery in the bed of my truck with the power cord attached to it. This eliminates wiring the winch plug into your truck system. This also keeps excess weight off the trailer tongue. They make loading a boat easy if you don't power load or drive your boat on your trailer. I also don't need to back the trailer in so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Minnow

thanks for the info any more welcome