Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Any Current reports on Lake Francis Case above or below the dam - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Minnow

mike
pm sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Keeper

Well day 1 at Pickstown. Below the dam was a bust. One skinny some mudcats and a perch. Fished till dusk. Now in motel running a fever and chills.. Things permitting I'll go to Pease Creek and start pulling North.
Mike Grandick
Old 09-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Minnow

sorry 2 heard that, mike

I sent u the wrong way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Keeper

Day two wasn't much better. Huge catfish on a rainbow #7 Flicker Shad. Woke up with 101 temp and chills. Three Tylenol and out on the water. Started at Pease Creek and pulled North to whetstone then jigged minnows and crawlers. Got one 14 Incher that was very fat in 30 fow. That's it stayed until about 5pm and chills drove me back to the truck and Tylenol. Made for a long trip back. I talked to quite a few anglers a few had a couple keepers but mostly zilch.
Don't know what happened this year. MIssing two months to boat problems didn't help. I will say tne boat and motor performed flawlessly. Makes me second guess trading this winter. For all its faults that Tundra hull still amazes me on how it handles rough water.
Oh well I don't believe I'll waste the diesel on another trip to Pickstown unless it catches fire.
Warrior thanks for giving me a place to start.
Mike Grandick
Old 09-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Keeper

Location: Omaha, Ne. - Cabin on Missouri River 7 miles below Pickstown, SD.
Default Below Pickstown

Fished Saturday midday 6 miles below Pickstown on the river. Pretty windy didn't help much. Slow bite, walleye and catfish on crawlers rigged in 8-10 feet of out-of-the-main current water. Both hammered it though. Try it again in a few weeks....water temp starting to head back down from a high of 74, now 70 degrees.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Wallhanger

I ended up going to Pierre, fished Cheyenne river area Friday. Pry caught 25 eyes 6 keepers. Also caught a lot of nice smallmouth and a few 25-35" pike. Fished 25-30 fow on wind blown lake points. Wind picked up so we called it an early day. With the winds forecasted again Saturday we fished the river from the town bridge to the tailrace. Bite was very spotty but did manage to catch our fish along with a few catfish. On the river the best bite was 10-15 fow. Seemed bottom bouncer with plain hook and minnow was the favored presentation both days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Wallhanger

I'm up here on Francis case this weekend since the last time I was up last month . . I am real surprised how easily everyone is giving up and having to head to Pierre just to get keepers and I have been hitting the exact same spot not even 3 miles from the ramp. Went out tonight and limited in a hr
Old 09-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

Went out this morning and.limited in a hr again 16 to 18 inchers . The fish are there.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundexp View Post
Went out this morning and.limited in a hr again 16 to 18 inchers . The fish are there.

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Wallhanger

Like i have said in my previous posts, the fish are there, you just have to work for then right now, not expecting them to just jump in the boat. . Work 20 to 30 fow