Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
90 etech on 25 inch transom question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Minnow

Default 90 etech on 25 inch transom question

I see on the website that the only available 90 hp etech for a 25 in transom boat(1825 proguide) comes as the saltwater "white" edition.

Does anyone know if they make an extension kit so you can buy a 20 in transom, blue etech. And then put an extension kit on it so you can get a blue etech on a proguide??
Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Wallhanger

Try here:

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

Buck,
What is wrong with a white motor?

REW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
I see on the website that the only available 90 hp etech for a 25 in transom boat(1825 proguide) comes as the saltwater "white" edition.

Does anyone know if they make an extension kit so you can buy a 20 in transom, blue etech. And then put an extension kit on it so you can get a blue etech on a proguide??
Thanks for the help!!
To answer your question, yes, Bay Mfg makes a 5" kit for a 90 E-TEC http://www.baymfg.com/Bombardier.asp look in the lower right column.
HRG
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the help, I just thought the dark blue motor would look better on a black boat than the white
Old 03-22-2012, 10:57 AM

your boat, your call but I've never cared for a dark blue with black. Actually never understood why the dark blue color was chosen as it doesn't go very well with many basic boat colors. Like the White much better......but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Guess you weren't asking our opinion on colors anyway were you.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Minnow

To me the dark blue almost appears black from 10ft away, I think the white is nice it is just too much contrast for me having a white motor on a black boat. A buddy of mine has it and it looks sharp just not me.
I almost changed up and went with the new lund silver color with a white etech but since I got the answer I needed here(thanks) I just stayed with the dark blue etech and black boat. Should be here in a couple weeks!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
To me the dark blue almost appears black from 10ft away, I think the white is nice it is just too much contrast for me having a white motor on a black boat. A buddy of mine has it and it looks sharp just not me.
I almost changed up and went with the new lund silver color with a white etech but since I got the answer I needed here(thanks) I just stayed with the dark blue etech and black boat. Should be here in a couple weeks!!!!

Gonna pick up a silver Impact with a white Etec next Thursday. Here's one of the only pics the dealer sent me.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0017.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	14584
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Minnow

CNY- Looks nice congrat's. The silver I was looking at had the upgraded graphics with the red, I thought that would look sharp matching the red in the motor, see attached. Anyway, I have to quit thinking about it, I could change my mind 50 times. They all look nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	14586  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Minnow

Ya. That prolly woulda looked alot better. Any idea how much the graphic upgrade would cost?

Last edited by BMartin1; 03-23-2012 at 02:44 PM.