Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Raystown Last Saturday - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 11-27-2002, 03:17 PM
Minnow

Default Raystown Last Saturday

I just started fishing again after 10 years. Was born in Minn. and learned how to fish walleye's in Mille Lacs. picked Raystown because it's relatively close and is reported to have a good walleye population. This was my third trip. First trip motor didn't run. Second trip trolled with lindy rigs and night crawlers during afternoon 8' to 25' caught 1 "sunny" in 25' of water. Last saturday trolled shad raps on 3 way swivel with 1oz. bell sinker around pee wee island. Caught 1lb smallmouth, 2lb lake trout(not even supose to be in the lake) and the suprise of the day a 37" stripper. Didn't have a scale but it must have weighed over 20lbs. All released, but no walleye's!! I'm going back to learn more, I've heard the beer barrel reef is the place to go? I have some Idea's and would love to have comments. 1. Hillland reservoirs are new to me but this time of the year the walleye's should be staging around the main lake pools. If they are do they use the rock face structures or the mud point structures? 2. Because this reservoir is so clear is it only a nite bite? 3. Also because this reservoir is so clear do the walleye's stay deeper during the day? THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement