Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2011 18' Tracker Targa - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Wallhanger

Gary, I see that you give them advice on the interiors of their boats, and those boats sure are pretty. But honestly speaking, they need more help with other things like their hulls, trailers, and customer service. I suppose thats why the stickers are lower compared to all of the other aluminum brands. You get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Keeper

Smile Hey Gary

I think you threw the gas on the Hornet`s nest and threw the match on it..lol
Old 01-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

I am not in the new boat market but I like to look at all the nw ones out there.

Stopped at the local Bass Pro Shops store last week and looked at the new trackers.

I really like the layout and rod storage on those boats. Plenty of room for rods up to 7 foot long.

If I was in the market to get a new one this boat would be on my short list.

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Keeper

I owned one for many years ----trailer problems --- I never had any -- at least the trailer is made for the boat vs. the rest of the crowd. Think about it hard -- most of the components made by third parties are the same ones that go in other boats (steering cables, peds, latches). Mine was riveted and it was beat to death trailering 3 states and big water that it wasnt made for - it leaked but know different then the lund i owned leaked. Boat problems exist folks (see glass issue thread) -- i have been/owned alot of boats majority dont have problems regardless of brand - unless if you beat on em/trailering. IMO boat problems are far less an issue then outboard issues. . If I was in the market I would be looking at new - to get that new warranty on the outboard.

Hopefully they start making the fiberglass targas they made back when --- they need to shake up the glass market a little. Go Gary
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
I owned one for many years ----trailer problems --- I never had any -- at least the trailer is made for the boat vs. the rest of the crowd. Think about it hard -- most of the components made by third parties are the same ones that go in other boats (steering cables, peds, latches). Mine was riveted and it was beat to death trailering 3 states and big water that it wasnt made for - it leaked but know different then the lund i owned leaked. Boat problems exist folks (see glass issue thread) -- i have been/owned alot of boats majority dont have problems regardless of brand - unless if you beat on em/trailering. IMO boat problems are far less an issue then outboard issues. . If I was in the market I would be looking at new - to get that new warranty on the outboard.

Hopefully they start making the fiberglass targas they made back when --- they need to shake up the glass market a little. Go Gary
On my brothers trailer his axle was cocked and on his first trip with his new boat blew out the tires tracker did not pay for all the repairs and he had to plead with the dealer to have the work done at a frame shop that new what they were doing .This is the kind of thing that really bugs me .Other than that he is real happy but the fit and finish and the carpet are not any where near Triton standards
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default 2011 Model ??

Gary with all due respect to you being sponsored and involvement in the interior layout of the new 2011 boat. My comments were based on shopping for a new boat in 09/10 time frame and yes was looking at the 09/10 model year Trackers. IMO the Tracker was the weakest of the boats I checked out. Yes the price matters and fits a niche entry level price point that no other manufacturer wants to compete at. I found models by at least 4 other manufacturers for couple thousand more that just seemed like so much more boat.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Keeper

why if it is a 19 ft boat is it only rated for a 150 most models in that size or actually a lil shorter are running 175s and some at 19 2 are running 200s maybe gary can elaborate why that is or if they plan on uppping it in the future or not ty
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
buck snort

Default Nice.

I have to say I'm more than a little impressed that Tracker involved Gary and the boys on the design. Little things like aking the openings big enough for line counter reels is a big deal. It might not seem like it until you try to fit your rod into a spot that isn't big enough.

Trackers seem to be like a lot of other things....you either like them or you don't.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Keeper

its a 18 foot boat - he said 19 is with the ladder attached.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Keeper

If you read back Gary stated that a ladder is welded to the back of the boat so by all legal means they have to add it to the length of the boat. In reality it is an 18 foot boat.