Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walker Minnesota - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black98TransAM View Post
I go the first weekend of october to leech. Have been going 10 years. Here are a few spots to try.

Pine Point
Red Rock Reef
Monkey Reef
Goose Island Flats
The perch beds on the grand vu flats/narrows area.

First year bringing my own boat up.

offthehook you have me interested in pike bay...
It will be interesting this year during the MWC. 75-80% of the boats would leave the resort and head right for the canal to Pike the past 3 seasons. However, this year the water levels have been so high that getting through to Pike has not been possible. After mid June I had to trailer around to the south access on Pike if I wanted to fish in Pike bay. Well that is not possible for the tournament fisherman and with their big Rangers and Lunds with WT windshields I don't think they will be able to get under the bridge. However I may be able to with my Pro Angler 1600 tiller

My dad said the water has gone down some and thinks it will be enough for us to get through but not the larger boats. I won't know until this Monday.

But, If a guy was staying on Leech and the winds are up with 5-6 ft rollers I would not hesitate to run up to Cass/Pike where the waves would be 3-4 footers in the same wind.

Many times I have seen some 48" plus Musky on Pike rolling on the surface on a calm morning. Saw a couple guys fight and boat a 50" this past July. I just happened to be driving by and slowed and watched. I have had some large ones follow a smaller walleye or perch in that I had hooked and I have been pulling cranks fishing eyes and caught a couple 36 inchers on Pike. We've caught numerous Pike in the 30-36" class as well. In the fall you can find pods of female Perch hanging in 22-27 FOW. We've parked right on top of them and had a blast with fat 10-13 inchers.

Take a look at this stocking report for Pike Bay over the past 10 years. Very impressive.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/...ownum=11041500

Someone asked me about theft and vandalism at the south access yesterday. It's fine. First if your up in the fall it's usually too cool for anyone to worry about getting that far in to the access and doing anything and in the summer the access is located on Federal campgrounds so there is always many people around.

I am more excited to go up the 3rd week of Oct than I am about going next week. No one is on the water...Just me
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Wallhanger

Now I'mrreally intrigued. Let me know the conditions of up there. My boat isn't very big it's a 96 alumacraft dominator cs 16.5' long and 74" wide
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black98TransAM View Post
Now I'mrreally intrigued. Let me know the conditions of up there. My boat isn't very big it's a 96 alumacraft dominator cs 16.5' long and 74" wide
I will do that for sure. I ran a Dominator last year same as yours and only once late last Oct did I ever have a wave come over the bow and I fish the wind. So I just moved lol. I upgraded to a Pro Angler this year with 6" longer and wider and I have not had any issues at all and I was out in some 30 mph gusts one day in early July and we were fishing the wind ward side. Cass much like Leech or Winnie is a very wind driven lake when it comes to the eyes turning on during the day. Other wise it is a low light conditions lake.

Edit...My Dominator was older than yours so it was only 16 long and 72" wide
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Wallhanger

So how was the fishing? Can't wait to get up there next week.