Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 621 and oxygenator - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 AM

Default Ranger 621 and oxygenator

I have two questions.
What are your guys thoughts on the Ranger 621 and on the oxygenator system.
My family is thinking about ordering a Ranger 621 and just wanted to see what the thoughts are on this new boat. I also heard that the oxygenator system option they offer isn't a necessity. what are your guys thoughts on this?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have two questions.
What are your guys thoughts on the Ranger 621 and on the oxygenator system.
My family is thinking about ordering a Ranger 621 and just wanted to see what the thoughts are on this new boat. I also heard that the oxygenator system option they offer isn't a necessity. what are your guys thoughts on this?
Thanks
The 621 is an awsome boat. The extra length makes runnig rough water a breeze. It is dry and soft.

Some guys prefer a 620 since they are easier to resell and store.

If you tournament fish the oxygenator is a nice feature that helps keep your fish alive longer. If you fish with shiners a lot it is nice to help keep them alive in the rear livewell too.
NPAA #499
Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
The St. Clair Slayer

Default 621

I hd a 200 620 and currently own a 2004 621. The ride is great. I use it for the most part in St. Clair system, Saginaw Bay and Erie. Very pleased with the boat. As for the Oxeginator, I have one for keeping minnows alive. You are wecome to it. The $7.50 bubbler works better. Unless you are fishing the Masters circuit and want the contingency money I wouldn't watse the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Wallhanger

I'm on my second 621, awesome boat, you'll love it. Oxygenator, I have one does it work, who knows? I paid for it and have used it in a couple tournaments but Ranger's livewell are good anyhow and the water was cool since the events were in the the spring so can't say if it worked or not if it does what it says it does I would image it works, for the extra cents on the payment why not?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

You will love the fishability and the ride of the 621. The changes they have made to the hull are really impressive in what it has done. Get out for a ride in one to see for yourself. Not sure where you are located at but if anywhere around OH we would be glad to get you out for one. If you have any questions or want to get a ride set up drop an email to me at info(at)fspromos(dot)com

As for the Oxygenator I can tell you they work excellent if keeping fish alive is important like it is for us as tournament anglers. You will not notice much difference in cold water since it is very easy for fish to survive but once that water starts to warm up some is when the unit really shines. Let me know if you have any questions about it also.

Matt D