Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hummingbird question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Minnow

Default Hummingbird question

How do i get my hummmingbirds gps to work with the transducer disconnected. I would like to use the lake map for locations. When i turn it on it says transducer disconnected and goes to demo mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Let it go into full simulation mode. then press your "views" button till you get to full gps screen. You should be down off the east coast of Florida on the screen. Zoom out about till you can see the full USA on the screen. If you have your mapping chip in, you will see a series of a bunch of "boxes" on the screen up in the midwest.(assuming that is where your mapping chip works) Use the 4way cursor to move the crosshairs over the general area you want to see. Then start zooming in, adjusting the crosshairs to the specific body of water you want to search, as you zoom.

When you get past a certain level of zoom, then the chip will kick in, and you should be able to navigate around with the 4way cursor.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Minnow

if you hit menu on startup if should give option of normal or sim mode hit normal and roll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Minnow

I have searched all menu options for the demo or simulation mode shut-off and cannot find it.
I am looking for the unit to work as a gps mode with the curser showing my location and the gps tracking as a hand held gps would without the transducer connected.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

When you say transducer, do you mean the gps module? Sending you a PM
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Wallhanger

I don't have a unit in front of me, but I seem to recall that if you press the power button while in simulator mode, a menu will appear that will allow you to toggle between simulator mode and normal mode.

Alternatively, as the unit is powering up (while you see the name of the unit and the humminbird logo on the screen), press the menu button. That should provide you with the same menu, and simply select normal mode rather than allowing the unit to default into simulator mode.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halfen View Post
I don't have a unit in front of me, but I seem to recall that if you press the power button while in simulator mode, a menu will appear that will allow you to toggle between simulator mode and normal mode.

Alternatively, as the unit is powering up (while you see the name of the unit and the humminbird logo on the screen), press the menu button. That should provide you with the same menu, and simply select normal mode rather than allowing the unit to default into simulator mode.

Jason,

Can you even get a gps screen to appear in your views if you dont have the gps module connected?

Thats why I suggested going into full simulator mode.. The problem with full simulator mode, is that it wont save any information.

Like you, I dont have a unit in front of me either.

R
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Minnow

My 798 has a internal antena so there is no gps module? i think. I will try the start-up button to access the demo menu.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Wallhanger

Yes, you do not need gps or transducer connected. I scan around on my lakemaster chip all winter long in the warm comfort of my shop. Pick and mark new areas to fish all the time!I
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Minnow

FYI
I found the only way to use the navagation portion of the unit with out the transducer connected is to push the menu button during the 3 second start-up mode and toggle off of the demo mode. Then the units work in all the std views but has no graph diplays.

Tags
when i turn it on it say