Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Berkley Customer Service - I'm impressed! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-25-1999, 09:44 PM
Minnow

Default Berkley Customer Service - I'm impressed!

I recently broke a Berkley rod while landing a large fish. This was one of their Signature Series rods. IM6, Medium Heavy, 7 ft. Hank Parker "Deep Down Carlina Riggin" or some such name. A great rod that I used primarily for bottom bouncing and throwing/trolling heavy crankbaits. The rod cost me in the vicinity of $130.00 Canadian two years ago and came with a one year warranty.

I sent an e-mail to Berkley customer service in the States and they passed me over to their Canadian counterparts. I was told to send the broken rod in along with a brief explanation of how it broke and a cheque for $9.95 Canadian.

I received a brand new replacement rod today. They sent me a Gary Roach GR250, IM6, 6'8", Medium, Pro Select "Trolling/Bottom Bouncing" rod.

I couldn't be happier! This looks to be a honey... long cork handle with a trigger grip, every bit as good and possibly better for my application, than the one I broke.

What service!! Biggest problem I have now is that I'm going to have to wait 5 months or more before the ice is off the lakes to try it out.
Old 11-26-1999, 08:55 PM
Slot Fish

Default Berkley

A couple years back, before Berkley began sponsoring me, i did the same thing. I sent an email, and i sent the 10 bucks, got a new, better quality rod back.

The entire OTG group is great on that type of thing, and everything else.

Pikeman