Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye University Grand Forks, ND - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Vendors > Vendor Deals

Old 02-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Wallhanger

Default Walleye University Grand Forks, ND

World Champion Johnnie Candle & SCHEELS set to Present
Walleye University in Grand Forks, ND.

Grand Forks, ND – This marks the 15th year for professional angler Johnnie Candle’s Walleye University series and what a year it will be. “I never thought back in the spring of 2000 while struggling to learn PowerPoint and writing an 8 hour school that I would still be at it 15 years later.” Candle says; but he is.

This year the series takes a bit of a turn. It will still cover as much walleye as you can in a day, but with some new twists. The day will start with sessions on the mainstays of walleye fishing; jigging, rigging, spinners, and crank baits.

After lunch will be a presentation on marine electronics. “There have been many new advancements to marine electronics in the past few years. What was good 10 years ago is hard to even find in boats anymore. We will discuss why the new technology is so good and I will discuss interpretation until everyone is comfortable with what they are seeing under the water.”

A state fisheries expert will present to the class on the best local options for walleye fishing and the day will end with a question and answer session that will not end until all questions are answered. “I want to make a concerted effort to get everyone’s questions answered. I have no idea what situations the anglers in attendance are facing so why try to guess? This way, everyone gets what they want out of the school. Each question seems to lead to another and before you know it we are out of time.”

The event will end with a very quick look at some of the hottest new gear available to the walleye angler. There will also be a drawing for door prizes and each person in attendance will receive a $20 gift card from SCHEELS.

Walleye University in Grand Forks, ND will be held on Saturday, March 7, 2015 from 10:00am until 5:00pm at SCHEELS; 2800 S. Columbia Road. To register for the class call SCHEELS at 701.780.9424 or visit in-store. The cost of the school is $50.

http://www.scheelscommunity.com/even...nnie-candle-7/

Johnnie Candle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Wallhanger

Saturday's class is sold out, but we are holding one on Sunday as well. If you still want to attend there are seats available on Sunday now.

See you there.

Johnnie Candle