Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Praire Bee or Happy Day - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Minnow

Default Praire Bee or Happy Day

Looking at taking kids up and thinking it would be between these two. I have a boat, but might just rent one of theirs. Looking at numbers to keep them interested more than monsters, but wouldn't be upset to find a couple. Just wondering if anyone has input on which would be best for a 13 and 15 year old, second time up to Canada.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Wallhanger

Windermere lake is awesome. Problem is Happy Day is always booked, you'll be lucky to get a spot.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Keeper

Default Praire bee orhappy day

I never fished either place however i worked wiht a guy that went to praire bee about 10 years in a row always talked good of the place caught lots of small pike. Told me boats motors and cabins were all very good. Never talked about any other fish in the lake. There was a large group that went up from a local church. I am not sure how hard they fished or anything else. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Wallhanger

Same owners, so I would just inquire and see what's available. I emailed a few weeks back and there wasn't much available in July and August at Happy Day, but Prairie Bee had some openings. This was before all the big fishing shows though.

I am sure your boys would have a great time at either place.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Minnow

Thanks for information, we got the outpost camp at Happy Day Lodge booked. Anyone ever spent anytime there or on that end of lake? Fill me in if you have a chance.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBlack View Post
Thanks for information, we got the outpost camp at Happy Day Lodge booked. Anyone ever spent anytime there or on that end of lake? Fill me in if you have a chance.
Bump, wondering if any of you guys have been to the outpost camp at Happy Day and what were your experiences, look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Bump, wondering if any of you guys have been to the outpost camp at Happy Day and what were your experiences, look forward to hearing from you.
The camp owner will answer your questions about the outpost. He's a straight shooter.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
The camp owner will answer your questions about the outpost. He's a straight shooter.
Im just wondering who did what and where at the outpost camp, any must get to places, that type of thing.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Im just wondering who did what and where at the outpost camp, any must get to places, that type of thing.

Bob Zimmerman will be your best source of information. Also check with members of the party you replace.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Slot Fish

Doug,

If one of those two don't pan out look at Murray Lake Cottages which not too far from the area your looking at. I just returned from an ice fishing trip up there. Tina & Jeff are great owners and will point you in the right direction. The cottages are very nice and you have the option of fishing Murray lake or going to several other lakes where Jeff keeps a boat & motor.

http://www.murraylake.net/contact.html