Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crestliner Fish Hawk Squeaky Seats - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Slot Fish

Default Crestliner Fish Hawk Squeaky Seats

I have squeaking coming from the pedestal seat where it contacts the base in the floor. The pedestal tube has a plastic cover on the end and the base has a plastic insert so it’s plastic on plastic. I have tried lubing with various things like WD40, grease, lithium grease, works for a little while but always comes back especially after getting wet. It is very annoying after a while. Any ideas as to what to do? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Laker,
The very best solution is to remove the noisy pedestal post. Remove the pedestal base.

Purchase a fixed base, adjustable height seat, and install that seat base and post in its place.
No more post, no more insert to be noisy.
Also the solid base and post is much more stable than any seat base and post on the market.

Of course this doesn't work for all seat positions in a boat, but if it is a drivers or passengers, or bow seat that is occupied about 90% of the time, the fixed seat option works very very well.

For example:
http://www.basspro.com/Wise-Adjustab...ct/96742/52275

or:
http://www.basspro.com/Explorer-Pede...t/23469/135498

or:
http://www.basspro.com/Springfield-B...uct/906/119024

--------------------------
I had similar issues to yours on my new boat. So, I went with the fixed base option for the drivers and bow fishing seat, since they were the seats that were always in the boats.

I left removable pedestal bases in the other positions in the boat, since the seats come and go in those positions.

REW
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

You also might try this dry Lube that Jim Carroll recommended several years ago to solve seat base sticking and noise problems:

11-25-2003, 07:31 PM
The stuff I use on my bow seat bases is B'LASTER Teflon Dry Lube (TDL)- it works like a charm and it's safe to use on plastics. You can forget about having a stuck seat base ever again. I bought my can at Menard's. It dries with a light blue film so watch your overspray. I also use it to spray my Lowrance X-Units connector plugs- I sprayed them once this spring- easy on/easy off for the rest of the year. This stuff is great. Jim Carroll NPAA #588
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Wallhanger

Get used to it. Everyone I've known that lubed their pedistals regreted it later with them coming loose especially in fast boats. I just dump a little water on them once in a while if they get real noisy. It is annoying though.