Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
a "Lund" Tracker????? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Default a "Lund" Tracker?????

Why do dealers think they can get away with deceptive advertising like this? Obviously, I removed all the contact information, but we should flood this guy with requests for pictures, low-ball offers, etc.

Arrrrrrr!

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lund Tracker.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	16278  
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Keeper

Awesome!! I see my next boat LOL!!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Minnow

Default It just like one...

Now if it said Alumacraft Tracker I would really be upset...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

Not really fair to drag a tracker down like that.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Minnow

Default why not..

Had a tracker v-17 for 3 years. No longer have that boat, Lund/Alumacraft/Crestliner. and. tracker. cannot be used in the same sentence!

Tracker with the side imaging (on the pro-v)!!! HAHA

My boat..

(paint peeling, dangerous steering defects, carpet fading, thru-hull fittings leaking, windshield not properly aligned, trailer vibrations at freeway speeds, PLUS is always leaned to the left when up on plane! turn left and it leans.. turn right and its a level smooth turn!) saw the same boat sink at the dock once too after a keel leak.

Obviously i'm not a fan. Not anymore, bought a used Alumacraft that was 3 years older than the tracker and is absolutely flawless! Keep in mind back in 2007 you couldn't get a new boat for under $20,000 with a 115 mercury 4 stroke.. unless it was a tracker.

5 years ago i would have hated this thread here. BUT today i stand up for the fishermen/women, their safety on the water, and their investments.

everyone has the right to have a personal opinion and everyone gets life experience thrown at them, good and bad, and this is MY fishing boat experience. :sorry:
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Wallhanger

I am not beating on Tracker, no experience with them.
But hey, it does have raised white letters on the trailer tires!

:rotfl::rotfl:

2019 Skeeter WX1910
Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 PM

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck you can call it an eagle all you want but.......it's still a duck. :sorry:
Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Farmer Don

Default Why all the bashing?

Its funny how the number one selling aluminum boat in the world has so many haters. I grew up in western/central MN an almost all of us ran Lund's for years. Most of us had multiples. About 4 or 5 of us were sitting at deer camp 3 years ago and we got to talking and all but one person has had multiple unresolved issues with our Lund boats. I'm mot talking minor things. I'm talking about double riveted seams pulling apart, transoms rotting, floors developing soft spots and helms constantly cracking. NONE of us had recieved the answers or help we were looking for from our dealers or the factory. Out of all of us we are talking 9 Lunds total over the years. The only boat that hasnt had issues was a 2004 Explorer that has about 3 hours of use on it. We are all farmers and kept all of our boats covered and in pole barns. You would think that would be sufficient enough protection. I'm not saying these are bad boats but why all the bashing of Trackers? We all decieded to try something different. All but the one are driving either 17' Tracker Pro Guides or 18' Tracker Targa's. All have mercury Opti's and Trailstar Trailers. We all bought new and the oldest being a 2009 and newest is 2011. The only problems ANY of us have had were with the Lowrance graphs and the Minnkota trolling motors. All were minor issues and were resolved quickly by the dealership we purchased from.

All of us were under the impression these boats were cheaper built and cheaper priced than the other aluminum brands. Much to our surprise they are not. We compared Alumacraft, Crestliner and even Lund's only to find out they are all about even price wise. In some cases the Tracker was higher. After taking a ride in all of them and seeing how they are built and the warranties that were provided, Tracker was our obvious choice. They had a better guarantee and they seemed to ride much nicer. With all of this said one of the big factors for choosing them was the dealership. Of all the ones we went to they were the most courtious and knowledgble. They seemed to have customer service as their #1 priority. One of the employees there even said he had been there for a number of years and in the past their service after the sale could have been better. He assured us all at the time of our purchase that it has changed completely. All of my buddies would agree with me in saying there service is second to none. From the sales personel to the guys in the service department we have nothing but great things to say.
The dealer is up in Brainerd in case you were wondering. I don't want to give a personal plug on a forum like this. I'm sure you can fugure it out. Keep in mind even Rolls Royce has a warranty department!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Wallhanger

Hmmm...... nice trailer with spare tire.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Minnow

farmer don, My 2007 pro guide v-17wt was an exciting boat to buy and use. i fished out of it probably every other day during the summer months for 3 seasons. as for repairs it was a nightmare. and even my buddy thought it was so nice he bought one too.

Repairs i can remember are.. (heavy use, many hours just how it should be)

1. Steering cable and assembly ($500 installed)
2. middle window was so tight it wouldn't close after 1 season, yes the 1 year warranty already expired ($125)
3. cheap class 24 batteries needed replacing after 1 season. (no other option, standard equipment ($200)
4. standard 42lb minn kota could not be optioned out. bought a 55lb troller at my lose of ($350)
5. paint on keel and lower hull was peeling, no fix as touch up paint didn't stick either.
6. trailer tires went bald after 2 seasons on the inner tire.
7. serious vibrations that shook the steering wheel and seat of my suv!! (new axel was required, no way on earth was i going to pay for that at 3 years.)
8. boat leaned significant to the left when underway. (no fix)
9.thru-hull fittings were leaking due to flexing of the running surface of the hull (dont ask why the live well drain was in the bow under the water line..)
10. seats were tearing at the seam of the stitching after the 2nd season ($175) for EACH seat.
11. trackers 1 year bow-stern warranty did NOT cover anything but fit and finish adjustments. the trailer warranty ONLY covered umm well.. Corrosion! The lifetime transferable hull warranty only covered external welds! what? yeah only welds on the outside, meaning they only fix it if it leaks.. even if the floor and stringers were damaged (read the fine print.. the exclusions list was longer than what was covered... glass, faded paint, tires, bearings, swing tongue bolt, trailer light wiring, electronics, thru-hull fittings, and seating was all NOT warranted)

this is 1 yes 1 owners experience and im sure there are plenty of happy tracker people out there, but you cannot ignore bad experiences either. thanks for reading!

i didnt expect that to happen but for as much as i fish some things were bound to go wrong. just more than i expected.