Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tin vs. Tin ride? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

Having had a 2010 Alumacraft Navigator and 2012 Lund Impact I can add a little firsthand experience.
THe Alumacraft had less deadrise at the bow that resulted in much more pronounced bow slap. However it did have better designed splash rails that diverted water down a little better. An IPS2 hull might be a little better than an IPS hull at bow spray...not sure.
The Lund tracks MUCH better than the Alumacraft and backtrolls better.
As far as dry....if you are going directly into or with the wind they both do okay. If there is any side wind you will get wet....wind and spray will do that in any boat. I will say that the Lund seems to allow more water to get past the spray rails but I think the sharper bow is the reason for that...give and take.
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Wallhanger

No question, Yamaha with the Multi-function VTS handle is on the list of must haves.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Icedog

Default Calm yourself

tbob- settle down. The 1775 pro-v was discontinued and now brought back. I did not check the website to see if the tiller was brought back or just the wheel boat.

I have owned three lund tillers, two of those being pro-v's. Fished out of Alumacrafts, skeeters, warriors, rangers, trackers, crestliners, larsons, lunds. A good variety of tillers and wheels from 14 to 20 feet long. On small and large lakes and resevoirs, in multiple types of conditions and waves.

I do feel the Pro-v is the best "fishing" platform made. I did bring in the Skeeter for two reasons. He currently drives an 1850 and seems to like it (read his previous posts), and that particular tiller for its size is a very good value on the used market.

Otherwise I am self-actualized. Does your "educated" mind include that?

Icedog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Tbob

Default Nerves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
tbob- settle down. The 1775 pro-v was discontinued and now brought back. I did not check the website to see if the tiller was brought back or just the wheel boat.

I have owned three lund tillers, two of those being pro-v's. Fished out of Alumacrafts, skeeters, warriors, rangers, trackers, crestliners, larsons, lunds. A good variety of tillers and wheels from 14 to 20 feet long. On small and large lakes and resevoirs, in multiple types of conditions and waves.

I do feel the Pro-v is the best "fishing" platform made. I did bring in the Skeeter for two reasons. He currently drives an 1850 and seems to like it (read his previous posts), and that particular tiller for its size is a very good value on the used market.

Otherwise I am self-actualized. Does your "educated" mind include that?

Icedog
I'm calm, no worries. They haven't made a Prov tiller in some time, quite a shame actually.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Keeper

I've rode in buddy's Trackers,Lowes and a few newer Impacts and got a chance to ride along in an Alumacraft Trophy and was impressed with how well it handle Erie's waves. I liked the layout of the Trophy so I went with the Dominator because I knew I'd be hitting some shallower spots more often. The Dominator/Trophy line is definately heavier but in IMO it translates into a much more softer ride. The big spray rails make a huge difference compared to the others I've road in. I came from 20ft Aquasport was worried about the hard hollow ride I've experience in so many that are out there in tin. Very impressed in what I own now. Layout suits my family but the ride I find hard to beat in aluminum. Buddy's lund is faster and easier to throw around but my boat does 40 gps fully loaded and thats plenty for me. just my 2 cents.
80lb Terrova with Ipilot