Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Help with creating a map of my hunting property - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Keeper

if you are in canada mnr has a great mapping tool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Wallhanger

you can probably find topical maps of your property all ready using like terraserver.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Custom, that appears to be what I'm looking for . What app would you recommend?
I use a phone app called GPS Compass to record. Then save the .kml to my computer, then open it in Google Earth. Plots right on the Google Earth map. You can save multiple routes and click which ones you want to appear on the screen.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:05 AM
Minnow

Default map

[QUOTE=Custom Eyes;4339426]I use a phone app called GPS Compass to record. Then save the .kml to my computer, then open it in Google Earth. Plots right on the Google Earth map. You can save multiple routes and click which ones you want to appear on the screen.[/QUOTE

How do you get the .kml file from your phone to the computer? Also once on your computer how do you open it in Google Earth?

Sorry but kind of technology slow

Thanks in adance
Old 11-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=George55057;4340858]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
I use a phone app called GPS Compass to record. Then save the .kml to my computer, then open it in Google Earth. Plots right on the Google Earth map. You can save multiple routes and click which ones you want to appear on the screen.[/QUOTE

How do you get the .kml file from your phone to the computer? Also once on your computer how do you open it in Google Earth?

Sorry but kind of technology slow

Thanks in adance
On that app, you choose the share option, then choose to export to SD card. From there, you just find the .kml file and copy and paste somewhere on your computer. Then start Google Earth and choose to open file. Find your .kml file and open it. Your track should appear in the list of Places on the left side. You can check or uncheck them to appear or not on your map. Same with waypoints.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	geex.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	181770