Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2007 FLW Schedule Announced - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 AM
bad move

Default RE: 2007 FLW Schedule Announced

Stacker I will not argue with you, I just returned from the Championship. I can tell you that this is NOT a favorable thing to the guys that invest ALL the time and MONEY. I asked a few guys and they ALL said it was not a good thing for the guys fishing the Tour. They have a Championship for the league and should. However if the tables were turned and they let us in would you be happy????? NO I bet not. I will stick by what I said "This is a Bad Move"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 AM
bad move

Stacker I will not argue with you, I just returned from the Championship. I can tell you that this is NOT a favorable thing to the guys that invest ALL the time and MONEY. I asked a few guys and they ALL said it was not a good thing for the guys fishing the Tour. They have a Championship for the league and should. However if the tables were turned and they let us in would you be happy????? NO I bet not. I will stick by what I said "This is a Bad Move"
Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

I think it is a great move for the leagues to have a chance to advance someone to the championship. It is a great idea and will help the leagues grow. I do not think it will hurt the Tour at all and I think most FLW Tour anglers will be supportive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

I think it is a great move for the leagues to have a chance to advance someone to the championship. It is a great idea and will help the leagues grow. I do not think it will hurt the Tour at all and I think most FLW Tour anglers will be supportive.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Here's an idea.

Everyone who is complaining should not sign up next year. That'll show them! AND it'll make room for me, so I can sign up and get in. Thanks for your support.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:popcorn:
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Here's an idea.

Everyone who is complaining should not sign up next year. That'll show them! AND it'll make room for me, so I can sign up and get in. Thanks for your support.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:popcorn:
Old 10-07-2006, 12:42 PM

and another thing, they did not take spots from the tour guys and give them to the league guys, they ADDED 3 spots for them. tour guys would not have been given 3 extra spots anyhow.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:42 PM

and another thing, they did not take spots from the tour guys and give them to the league guys, they ADDED 3 spots for them. tour guys would not have been given 3 extra spots anyhow.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
bad move

Now you have the point " they ADDED 3 spots" for people that did not play the EXPENSIVE game. They played and payed little in compaired to the guys who put in all the time and expense.
Does it matter what place I finished in? I was there and earned the spot! I was not gifted a spot fishing another tour or buying my way in. I fished the "WHOLE" tour and EARNED the points it took to be there.
By the way, just how many States had 100 guys fishing the whole League again? Thats right NONE! How many had 50? Thats right none. So it's a great move for the FLW, but NOT for the guys fishing the entire tour. Nice little bonus for the league, but NOTHING for the supporting tour guys and gals. You might call this complaining? However look at it from a guy who spends all the time and money that I do, not to mention the time away from family. So yes for EVER guy and gal who fishes the tour this is a VERY bad example of what they think of earning the right to be at the BIGGEST walleye event of the year. The FLW spares no expense to make the greatest show (Championship). Earning the right to be there, by doing well all year has just been tarnished.
Approaching potenial Sponsors and using what you have accomplished, is now back to the point of buying your way in like before. I say this because even with only 3 extra spots it is now not a true Championship again. I don't see them adding last years Champion. I see them adding NON tour people.
Right now I am weighing my options, 15,000 to fish the tour next year for 5 events, less if I would not make the Chamionship, is a lot of cash. Come on out and spent $1,500 on an entry and all the gas and meals and lodging, THEN tell me it's no big deal!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
bad move

Now you have the point " they ADDED 3 spots" for people that did not play the EXPENSIVE game. They played and payed little in compaired to the guys who put in all the time and expense.
Does it matter what place I finished in? I was there and earned the spot! I was not gifted a spot fishing another tour or buying my way in. I fished the "WHOLE" tour and EARNED the points it took to be there.
By the way, just how many States had 100 guys fishing the whole League again? Thats right NONE! How many had 50? Thats right none. So it's a great move for the FLW, but NOT for the guys fishing the entire tour. Nice little bonus for the league, but NOTHING for the supporting tour guys and gals. You might call this complaining? However look at it from a guy who spends all the time and money that I do, not to mention the time away from family. So yes for EVER guy and gal who fishes the tour this is a VERY bad example of what they think of earning the right to be at the BIGGEST walleye event of the year. The FLW spares no expense to make the greatest show (Championship). Earning the right to be there, by doing well all year has just been tarnished.
Approaching potenial Sponsors and using what you have accomplished, is now back to the point of buying your way in like before. I say this because even with only 3 extra spots it is now not a true Championship again. I don't see them adding last years Champion. I see them adding NON tour people.
Right now I am weighing my options, 15,000 to fish the tour next year for 5 events, less if I would not make the Chamionship, is a lot of cash. Come on out and spent $1,500 on an entry and all the gas and meals and lodging, THEN tell me it's no big deal!