Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Should the FLW and PWT have divisions? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Opti225

Default Should the FLW and PWT have divisions?

This is in no way bashing these circuits. It's just a thought that I have.

With everything getting so expensive (gas mainly), why wouldn't these circuits have an east and west division? Then meet in the middle somewhere for a championship with the top 25 teams from each?

You know... kinda like every other sucessful sport (football,baseball, basketball). Times have changed, but back in the day a big reason for these divisions was to simplify travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
cjbrown...

Default RE: Should the FLW and PWT have divisions?

I believe the FLW League has divisions.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Seify24

I wish that the FLW would divide it up like this. I for one can say that I would have fished an entire circuit if they would have all been closer to home. I'm from Michigan and I just can't see any reason to travel all the way to South Dakota or Minnesota. How about an East Division that looks like this:

April-Port Clinton/Lake Erie
June- Tawas/Lake Huron/Saginaw Bay
August-Escanaba/Bays De Noc or even better St. Mary's River

A man can dream can't he....................

I hope they at least consider these divisions.

Good Fishing,

Nate Seiferlein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Seify24

I wish that the FLW would divide it up like this. I for one can say that I would have fished an entire circuit if they would have all been closer to home. I'm from Michigan and I just can't see any reason to travel all the way to South Dakota or Minnesota. How about an East Division that looks like this:

April-Port Clinton/Lake Erie
June- Tawas/Lake Huron/Saginaw Bay
August-Escanaba/Bays De Noc or even better St. Mary's River

A man can dream can't he....................

I hope they at least consider these divisions.

Good Fishing,

Nate Seiferlein
Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
easy

ya lets make it so everyone can fish the water they know and are comfortable with.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
its meee

Hey easy, take it easy and listen what you just said. If you are a touring guy, how many times do you think you get the chance to be on your home waters. NONE. If you work and have any other responsibilities in life, there is just so much time during the season. The other half is, and I am sure you will not understand this, after you have played this game for awhile, you have been to these places in the past anyhow, There are results and articles written about the winners, because every circuit goes to the same places all the time. I am sure dynamics for 100 plus boats forces this. You have history during the same time frame. You know, you have a starting point.

Now, what kills the tour guys is the one timers. They are the guys that are planning on taking everyones money and uses all vacation time he has to pre-fish against the pros, on his home waters, that he has 50 days on that body of water this year. He is tracking the movements, he is in tune. He is the unfair wild card in all this.

Now, split the series. Make them closer to home, fill the play card with all boats that are fishing all the stops in that division. It makes it an equal playing field. Believe it or not, it would straighten out a few things going wrong today in this sport.

Also, my feelings about yet another circuit in the pro ranks means someone is trying to take some one elses money. This will not help us one bit, but may confuse potential sponsors, only time will tell.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
My 2 Cents

Good idea. The PWT was the most successful when they had an East/West divisional format. That type of format will be necessitated even more as expenses rise and participation continues to drop. Putting it bluntly, if the PWT and the FLW don't go to a divisional format for 2009, you will probably be able to stick a fork in the PWT next year and a fork in the FLW the following year. Expenses are certainly not done rising and the higher costs and lower payouts are hitting home hard for all of us competitors.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Gas

Default RE: Deleted message

Gas prices are going to force tournaments to go to this format if they want to fill the fields. Nate is not saying he wants to fish his local lakes, just that the economics of tournament fishing don't allow for long travel with decreased payouts.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

My thoughts on if times do get tougher...

IMHO, It looks to me as if the FLW Leagues could fill the gap w/a major Championship held each year w/reps from each League ~ that's if the present system of major tourneys/(FLW Tour) didn't have the turn-out/$$$ in these tough times to operate a country-wide tour...

da old fart,
Bebob da I-Bobray