Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
smallies on mille lacs? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-18-2000, 09:25 AM
jerkinjaws

Default smallies on mille lacs?

fish this lake all the time for walleyes, and know the rocks are where the smallies are, but anybody got any specifics? rock humps, bars, bait presentations? taking my 12 yr old daughter this weekend and thought she would like that a lot more than walleyes. those kids love to cast ya know!! any info would be greatly appreciated.

tight lines!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2000, 04:15 PM
Slot Fish

Default RE: smallies on mille lacs?

I spent about two hours looking for smallies this past Saturday (the 15th). If you were there, the lake was dead calm, it was hot and the bugs were out in force.

I concentrated around the Agate Bay reefs, but couldn't seem to mark, or catch for that matter, any fish.

Good luck.

Rob
Ps. I was on Mille Lacs for a week, and although the fishing was a little slow, everything was big! I caught two 7 pounders in one day off of Schultz flat.
Old 07-18-2000, 05:48 PM
jon

jerkinjaws,
try Indian Point or Outer Twin Island. Berkely Frenzy's and tube baits seem to be working quite well. Depending on the wind try 4'-8' for smallies and if nothing is working go deeper.Another spot to try is the 10' humps off Shermans Point near Wigwam Bay and maybe, just maybe a leech and a plain hook may get you some walleyes. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2000, 08:37 AM
Slot Fish

picked up a few smallies on the reefs by Hawkbill also the string of reefs west of Isatys. Try a small suspending husky jerk that you can pause also swiming a jig and grub.
Old 07-19-2000, 07:49 PM
fishsniffer

try the southern shore line from cove bay east towards isle4 to 10 ft tube jigs/ grubs/ slugs or leech's should work good.