Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
treble hook spinner rigs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-18-2000, 09:03 PM
wayne

Default treble hook spinner rigs

I bought some out of cabelas and bass pro and now they are not carrying them---the open water or big water spinning rigs tied with treble hooks and fireline with a large blade---does anyone know where I can order more of these? I think the bass pro order was a P/K tackle rig. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2000, 11:49 PM
jeff reed

Default RE: treble hook spinner rigs

You can make them yourself alot cheaper. Number #4 round bend trebles tied to the back with a #2 upturned eye baitholder hook in the front. Leave about 4 inches in between hooks or tie to suit the length of your crawlers. Put your choice of beads and spinners and your ready to fish. Make sure you poke the crawler's head directly in the center of the crawler on the front #2 hook and have NO "sag" in the crawler between the 2 hooks, if you do the rig will spin and cause all sorts of problems. I always try it over the side of boat to make sure the crawler does NOT spin.
Old 07-19-2000, 12:15 AM
Minnow

check out Fleet Farm, I was in there tonight and seen a pretied spinner like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2000, 07:14 AM
Keeper

right on the money Jeff, I have been doing this on the St. Louis bay and using Power crawlers, they don't stretch and you can get that treble way back. Lots of hook ups come on the treble.
good luck!
Old 07-19-2000, 05:48 PM
Dan J.

Was at gander mountain yesterday and seen the rigs U R talkin bout. I remember cuz I thought that the treble hook was way bigger than I would ever use, any way I think they called it a big lake or big game rig , something like that. Hope it helps ya.
Old 07-20-2000, 10:20 AM
Keeper

Get them direct at: www.pktackle.com