Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Demo boat, too many hours! - Page 13 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
bob620

Default demo boats for sale

I called on a demo boat this week.The salesman told me it was not a demo,because they can't advertise it is as a new boat in walleye central.I see new boats being advertised all the time.I got all the info I asked for,the boat had no electronics[rangers website says a lowrance unit is standard equipment].bottom line price was 55,000+taxes,setup,and transportation cost.This a 2011 619 w/250 yamaha and 9.9 yamaha,both are 4-strokes, then add two hds10s and you are at 61,000 +taxes,setup,and trans.costs.
My buddy just sold a 2011 ranger 620 with every thing that the 2011 619 had except no kicker.He sold the 620 for 51,000.Now all I have to is add the 9.9 kicker.I'm thinking 3500.00 for a kicker,so I would be at 54,500 on a bigger boat,a new redesign on the new 620wt.Oh it had two lowrance hds 10,with gps,down scan,and side scan.
All I would have to do is add taxes.I wish, I would have known about this deal.
Seems the pros boats sales knock the **** out of the weekenders value of boats down the toilet. This is why I don't trust some salesman,I'm sorry thats been my experiences.The guy told me about his scam the way he advertised the demo boat in Walleye Central.How can I trust this man or dealer.

Bob620
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob620 View Post
I called on a demo boat this week.The salesman told me it was not a demo,because they can't advertise it is as a new boat in walleye central.I see new boats being advertised all the time.I got all the info I asked for,the boat had no electronics[rangers website says a lowrance unit is standard equipment].bottom line price was 55,000+taxes,setup,and transportation cost.w/250This a 2011 619 yamaha and 9.9 yamaha,both are 4-strokes, then add two hds10s and you are at 61,000 +taxes,setup,and trans.costs.
My buddy just sold a 2011 ranger 620 with every thing that the 2011 619 had except no kicker.He sold the 620 for 51,000.Now all I have to is add the 9.9 kicker.I'm thinking 3500.00 for a kicker,so I would be at 54,500 on a bigger boat,a new redesign on the new 620wt.Oh it had two lowrance hds 10,with gps,down scan,and side scan.
All I would have to do is add taxes.I wish, I would have known about this deal.
Seems the pros boats sales knock the **** out of the weekenders value of boats down the toilet. This is why I don't trust some salesman,I'm sorry thats been my experiences.The guy told me about his scam the way he advertised the demo boat in Walleye Central.How can I trust this man or dealer.

Bob620
Ranger 619 with a 250 Yamaha?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
bob620

I'm sorry the new 225 four stroke.

bob620
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

bob620,
Did the dealer recently update the ad, it certainly describes it to be a new rig now, if this is the one.
https://www.walleyecentral.com/class....jsp?adv=14897

HRG
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
bob620

Default demo boats

I'm looking at it right now,by poking what you typed in and it says,2011 ranger 619 demo
must go-dealer demo
To me a demo boat is a used boat that is put in the water and used by some one or everybody at the dealer to promote the way the boat handles or to sell the boats at the dealer.And that makes that a used boat.Is that what they do at car dealership,and you get a big discount for them making it a used car,unless you are a fool and you give them m.s.r.p. for a used car,why wouldn't you get a brand new car if you are paying the price for it.I not trying to make any trouble to anybody here,I just can't stand salesman that think we are a bunch of idiots with there fast talking bull ****.The one I got a kick out of was these two guys that were trying to sell me a truck cap last month.They were using the oldest trick in the book,if you buy it today you get at this price, come tomorrow it goes up.I didn't like that brand to begin with and I left went to a Leer dealer where the salesman gave me a lot of great info and no cheap pressure,I ordered the cap right then.It came in 2 days early.It was a little more money but it had every thing I wanted and ordered the extra stuff I wanted.The sales area was nice and clean well organized.the shop floor was very clean,all the guys that worked there had uniforms that were clean and can tell they all had pride in what they were doing.Most importantly there work was first class and so was the work they did for me.I guess you can't see this on the internet.I'm done ranting now.

bob620
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Slot Fish

Default Cheated

I feel your heartburn I too had a similar issue this spring by the advertisement of "The #1 Ranger dealer in MN"?
All sounds exciting at Spring Boat Show time and All the "promises" made W/O it in writing, by the sliver tongues salesman the Deposit was made and the Credit Union check issued to the dealer.

I too thought it was 'New holdover" boat I was purchasing, but midway after the $$ were recieved " Oh I forgot to tell you this is a Rapala Demo boat with approx 10hrs on the big Outboard.
I said you never mentioned it, he said " I forgot"???

When I picked up the rig and it was to be 100% upon pickup as I asked 3 times prior and he said
"Yes it is 100% " but when I got back to the garage 350 miles away Guess what It was not???
I had to take to another Ranger dealer and get a few things replaced as the #1 Ranger dealer in MN failed to do so or conviently did not tell me. And they were simple Waranty issues that were not completed before my picking it up.

Then that is when I found out it did not have 10 hrs on it it had 60+ Hrs on it. No real big deal but buying a 4th 620 and a"new boat" is suppose to be a pleasant experience and an honest experience.

I have filled out and forwarded to Ranger .... 3 Surveys they sent me and I filled out my dissatisfaction of this dealer, which in my opinion dealers shoud be evaulated perodically. Still have not had a reply.
Maybe never will. I feel now that customer satisfaction by consumers is not a #1 prioroty by Ranger

Lesson learned once again at an angler's hard earned $$$ The untruths and lies I was told hang on to this day and longer and I cannot recommend this dealer to others per my "sour sale." The handshake upon pickup was a wet and slippery one

Buyer Beware and do your homework.... Ask questions ...Make the salesman work for you if he seems like a cheating one? he may well be
Get 2nd opinions!!!!!!! You will be glad you did.