Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lac seul - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Keeper

Default lac seul

dose any one have a good place to stay on lac seul i heard the musky fishing is best in the east side of the lake but im having a hard time to find a place to stay on the east side and i dont want to go across the lake for 1 hour to get where the muskys are any help where to stay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Minnow

Lac Seul Floating Lodges, I go there every year. Great people!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Slot Fish

http://www.lacseuloutposts.com/ Take a look at this one, never been there but have heard man excellant reviews for the MUSKIE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Keeper

There are a lot of options for places to stay. You'll want to base your stay out of Sioux Lookout, which is the gateway to the muskie fishery on SE lac seul. Send me a message if you'd like more info.

Sioux Lookout, Lac Seul, Ontario.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Wallhanger

Lots of muskie on the SW side also. Silver Water wheel lodge.

Last edited by 115 optimax; 03-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 optimax View Post
Lots of muskie on the SW side also. Silver Water wheel lodge.
I have to disagree. I guided for SWWL for 4 years and never so much as raised a muskie, let alone caught one there. They cast at a lot of cabbage beds for pike and never catch muskie where SWWL guides for their pike and walleye. They aren't present in that part of the system in numbers that would make it worth while to target them there.

SE and NE Lac Seul are the only viable muskie waters on Lac Seul.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Wallhanger

Fished out of Williams Bay for the past 14 yrs and have had encounters with muskie while walleye fishing,ie catching them accidentaly on a walleye jig,chomping on my walleye at the end of the line and chomping on to my stringer of dead walleye.I also camp there all of the time and talk to alot of the anglers on the lake.More people fish on the other side for muskie so it just seems like there is more there.If there were the same amount of muskie anglers on this side of the lake the numbers would be higher.If im totaly wrong,what makes that side of the lake so much better?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Slot Fish

Location: Sioux Lookout, Lac Seul, MAPB, Lake St Joe, and usually on an island

I agree with Ben, SE and NE Lac Suel are where the best musky fishing is, it may have something to do with the fact that the MNR live caught and released quite a few muskies into our side of Lac Seul and into the MAPB waters about 20 years ago, and the only thing seperating these lakes are some narrows with current and rapids, and the better Muskie fishing on Lac Seul is closer to MAPB then the SW side of Lac Seul, But its rare to see many people fishing MAPB for muskies, most head right to our side of Lac Seul
some of the local outfitters were involved with the progam, I know for certain Dick Mansfield and Tony Mansfield from Winoga Lodge and Allen Pizziol from Abram Lake resort and RV Park were there through the whole program and donated alot of time and effort for the MNR
I am not doubting that you may have had a musky encouter, but Id bet on our side for numbers and size
Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Keeper

Those muskie encounters you speak of are the first I've heard of. I just can't believe with all the trophy pike fishing around SWWL that nobody in 10+ years has caught or even raised a big muskie. Heck, in my 4 years at SWWL I saw 4 lake trout get caught in Lac Seul, but no muskie.

The main differences over there (SWWL area) are that it's bigger water, deeper on average while over here it's shallower with more cabbage weeds and another biggie is we have a lot more current, which muskies like.

There is no doubt there's a few muskie spread out in the entire system but if someone wants to fish for and catch muskie on Lac Seul the SE and NE are the place to be.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Keeper

I too have fished the Central basin and the NW area of Lac Seul ..
I have had a few encounters with Muskys in the Central area and none in the NW area.
To fish for them exclusively, I too would go to the SE & NE sections .
But, when I catch one when casting for Pike, I like to keep it a secret !!!!
Don't waste your breath ..115 Optimax .. ;-)

Ben and Troy are located in Sioux Lookout and that is the water that they prefer ..
The numbers of Muskies seem to be greater in that end of the lake. The number of catches prove it .. Yes !! The number of anglers fishing for them is greater !!!

Let's let them continue to prove us wrong .
I like it that way ....