Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Tyee GL208 vs Skeeter WX 2190? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Minnow

Default Lund Tyee GL208 vs Skeeter WX 2190?

Does anyone have any input between these two boats? They look very similar in their features? Ride better in either one? resale? Some of the features of the lund are nice like ski pylon and ladder standard.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

At that point it's all personal preference. You won't go wrong with either one in my opinion.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Wallhanger

Both should be good boats, I recommend spending time in each one thinking about how you will be fishing, where you will mount equipment, where everyone will sit, and where everything will be stored. Then take each one for a test ride in the toughest conditions you will use it.
Also pay attention to things like the quality of the trailer, ease of launch and loading, quality of the boats wiring, battery storage, live well and bilge pump, etc..
15 hp Suzuki tiller kicker with Itroll
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Keeper

Skeeter making boats for over 60 years ...Lund Fiberglass maybe 5 .... just saying
Old 10-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Minnow

The obvious difference is the length and width, so you would probably want to compare the 208 to the WX2060... Both are amazing boats but in my neck of the woods, the cost of a the Lund was significantly higher so I went with the WX2190.... Amazing ride in the rough stuff...
Old 10-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbystick View Post
Skeeter making boats for over 60 years ...Lund Fiberglass maybe 5 .... just saying
If I remember correctly Lund has been making fiberglass since the 60's. They may have ventured away from it but definitly have been doing it for longer than 5 years.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Wallhanger

Comes down to what you like. I have owned 2 WX2190's and will be buying a 3rd next year. It's an amazing boat in rough water and how it fishes. I don't have to use a drift sock unless its blowing 20mph. Drifts nice and square and slow.

I have fished out of the 208 and its a nice boat. As far as ride its hard to compare these 2 boats being the Skeeter is a lot bigger boat. Its closer in size to the 2060 and I can tell you the 2060 is an awesome ride as well. My dad has ran the 2060 now for 2 years. Skeeter got really aggressive with the WX2060 this year in pricing and coming fully set up from the factory.

If you don't fish a ton of big water a 2060 might be a very good option for you. Skeeter does also offer a Ski Pole. They come standard with a boarding ladder mounted on the motor but could always add a full size if needed.
NPAA #523
Old 10-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbystick View Post
Not entirely accurate.......

Founded in 1959, Sea Ray was one of the first boat builders to use fiberglass and other high-tech composite materials in the construction of pleasure boats.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter20 View Post
Comes down to what you like. I have owned 2 WX2190's and will be buying a 3rd next year. It's an amazing boat in rough water and how it fishes. I don't have to use a drift sock unless its blowing 20mph. Drifts nice and square and slow.

I have fished out of the 208 and its a nice boat. As far as ride its hard to compare these 2 boats being the Skeeter is a lot bigger boat. Its closer in size to the 2060 and I can tell you the 2060 is an awesome ride as well. My dad has ran the 2060 now for 2 years. Skeeter got really aggressive with the WX2060 this year in pricing and coming fully set up from the factory.

If you don't fish a ton of big water a 2060 might be a very good option for you. Skeeter does also offer a Ski Pole. They come standard with a boarding ladder mounted on the motor but could always add a full size if needed.
Just curious, you sponsored?

al
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post
Just curious, you sponsored?

al
Yes I am.
NPAA #523