Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Captain Red Beards jigs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Minnow

Default Captain Red Beards jigs

Can anybody comment on the jigs from Captain Red Beards?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Wallhanger

Default Just received them

I just received my order. They look like they will be deadly. We have used a similar jig from Northland that we usually pay about 1.50 or so for at Cabela's. These are a little more expensive but I probably saved quite a bit of $ by not impulse buying at Cabela's. He threw in an extra jig in the CLEOPATRA color for me to try. Turn around time was less than a week. We will be trying them in 62 days, I will post our results after our trip.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Wallhanger

How are they diffrent from a road runner jig? Better quality they look about the same to me. Just wanted to know if its worth the exta .75 each? Look forward to the imput.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Wallhanger

Default The hot ticket...

Last year Capn Redbeards walleye weapons were the best producing jig I used. It was early June while we were fishing the NW section of Lac Seul, the weather patterns were constantly changing, it made for some tough fishing. The walleye weapons held to the 3-1 catch ratio! Gold and Pink seemed to work the best. I went with the gold blade for the stained water on LS. I placed an order as soon I got back home , so I am ready to go for this years trip! I have picked up a couple different Northland jigs, thumper and whisler to try this year.
We were fishing in some current, and the Redbeard jigs just plain worked, after I found the angle that produced the most flutter from the blade. The only time I had multiple back to back walleyes were using these jigs!
Sirmanski Jigs worked well too, especially pink!
Both worked, I like to have a couple of rigs set up, one with Sirmanski and the other with the Capn!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Wallhanger

Lightbulb You have convinced me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Last year Capn Redbeards walleye weapons were the best producing jig I used. It was early June while we were fishing the NW section of Lac Seul, the weather patterns were constantly changing, it made for some tough fishing. The walleye weapons held to the 3-1 catch ratio! Gold and Pink seemed to work the best. I went with the gold blade for the stained water on LS. I placed an order as soon I got back home , so I am ready to go for this years trip! I have picked up a couple different Northland jigs, thumper and whisler to try this year.
We were fishing in some current, and the Redbeard jigs just plain worked, after I found the angle that produced the most flutter from the blade. The only time I had multiple back to back walleyes were using these jigs!
Sirmanski Jigs worked well too, especially pink!
Both worked, I like to have a couple of rigs set up, one with Sirmanski and the other with the Capn!
As a primarily Roadrunner jig fisherman, I really think that you are on to something big for my tackle box.
I like the offered sizes and I also feel that the gold hammered Colorado blades will be a giant upgrade over the silver Roadrunner blades. I ordered the pink, white and lots of cleopatra colors offered.
Thanks Wallydave for sharing.

Last edited by Pikeslayer8; 03-16-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Wallhanger

Default That what is about eh!

Pikeslayer, the main purpose of WC is to share the good and the bad things about our favorite shore lunch protein! I know I have learned a lot from this board, so it is only right to pass these things along! Who knows what presentation will work for this years trip! We are going a few weeks later than usual, so we will be trying different methods. Good luck with the Capn! Lots of pics and a report, and have a beverage of your choice for me!