Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat radio - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Keeper

Default Boat radio

Hey guys, i bought a new boat this summer that did not have a radio installed. I will be using it mainly for AM (Twins and garage logic) radio, dont really need a CD player. Are there any radios out there that will not have pick up my graph "ping" and are worth buying and installing or should i just stick with my rechargable/hand crank/solar emergency radio. Any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Default One Option

My radio always picked up intererance from my TR-1 autopilot. I already had one of those Dewalt radio/chargers that get used on construction sites, runs off of the same 18V batteries that the tools use. Very tough, sturdy unit, water resistant (not sure about dropping it in the drink), works great. I use it other times outside also, been a good unit, has a plug you can hook to an MP-3 player etc. Likely there are smaller, less pricey choices out there, but this one has a lot of other uses for me as well.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Keeper

I put a radio in that I can plug my XM into for listening to to avoid AM interference.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Wallhanger

I use a Jensen Marine radio with XM capabilities, so I can have the weather module and display the weather radar overlaid on my GPS.