Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Waubay Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-21-2000, 06:29 AM
Mark

Default Waubay Lake

I am fishing Waubay and Big Stone April 28th and 29th, Would like some info on Waubay, I have never fished it but herd it was a good Walleye Lake. Or is there any other good Eye lakes in the area? Thank You Very Much. Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2000, 11:18 AM
Eyez (SD)

Default RE: Waubay Lake

You'll probably have the best fishing on waubay of any of our lakes around here. Depending on how long you're going to be here, you could also try enemy swim and pickrel, they're very near waubay. Waubay has grown fast in recent years, and there is alot of shallow cover and sunken roadbeds. Most fish are caught in less than 15 feet because if it. There is also a good perch population, and that's the primary forage. I'd say stay shallow. You'll probably find the most fish in less than 10 feet, possibly as shallow as 1 or 2 on the windy side.

Good Luck!

Eyez (SD)
Old 04-22-2000, 07:35 AM
Slot Fish

Default RE: Waubay Lake

Check this web site:www.glpta.org/default.htm
It will give you a report of the lakes in South Dakota. They update it every Monday. A lake to try would be Blue Dog or Bitter lake. They are located by the town of Waubay. They said the walleyes in Bitter Lake have a high Mecury level in them. So not many people will be fishing it. Good catch and release lake.