Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What is the best 3 bank charger? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Minnow

Default Dual Pro

Dual Pro....finished 14 years this year and 15 coming next. I have the professional series 2 bank. Zero issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Keeper

Thanks Krattor for the post as I was wondering too which one. Not to hijack your thread, but can I also ask people's opinions how to rig the charger? For me, I have two 12v batteries in parallel for the TM in the front of my 165 and the starting battery in the back that operates everything else. So I would like to just come home and plug in one charger and forget it. Also, I also have a small 12v in bow for the small fishfinder but I can probably eliminate this and wire to the two other in front. I have room for it in the front next to the two batteries, and then I can run cables to the back some how? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Gonz
Old 11-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Wallhanger

Are the Cabelas brand chargers any good??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post
Thanks Krattor for the post as I was wondering too which one. Not to hijack your thread, but can I also ask people's opinions how to rig the charger? For me, I have two 12v batteries in parallel for the TM in the front of my 165 and the starting battery in the back that operates everything else. So I would like to just come home and plug in one charger and forget it. Also, I also have a small 12v in bow for the small fishfinder but I can probably eliminate this and wire to the two other in front. I have room for it in the front next to the two batteries, and then I can run cables to the back some how? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Gonz
Hey Gonz. THis is my setup except my TM batteries are connected in Series.
I recommend that you get a 3 bank like units that are being recommended in this thread.
Even if your TM batteries are in parallel, then hook the charger up in parallel.

I'm going to p/u one of these 15amp/3 bank chargers as soon as the boat comes out of storage. I'm also considering a "house" battery but that's down the road.

The small ff in the front will work fine off the TM batteries but I doubt it would make much diff either way....
HB 1199 CI HD Si (Helm)
Helix 10 GPS (Dash)
Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)

Old 11-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Keeper

KraTTor, I think I will look into the duo pro. I will have to modify the charger if the cord to the 3rd battery in back is not long enough or vice versa. I guess I don't need the 4th battery for the ff. I did that to avoid interference.