Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Info for a new boat - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

DO NOT install them in the dash. I just pulled one out of the dash yesterday between it being mounted in their 4 years a sloppy epoxy dealer install job, dirt grime and everything else getting caught in the flush mount the unit is pretty useles right now unless its going into another Ranger dash just as is. Put them on a Cisco mount or other. I know I will NEVER flush mount anything ever again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Keeper

Location: Illinois- Where there’s a good chance your license plates were made by a former Governor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papascott View Post
Thats a tough choice between the motors. I will say the steering and throttle on tbe mercury verado is very very nice!

Electronics mount, I would recommend checking out Cisco electronics mount. I used rams and they alway slipped some. Cisco moynts are rock solid.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.co...ics-mount-5225
That mount looks great. Is it available anywhere below it's retail price?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4xjk0 View Post
One thing with the mounts is that your insurance coverage may vary depending on how you mount them. Mine won't cover them if they are stolen off a ram mount.
This is a good point! When my boat is docked or on the trailer parked outside, I can simply remove them with the ram mount and lock them in one of the compartments. I also remove them in the winter and store them in the house. Don't know if it affects the screens in freezing temps, but it is a pretty easy way to protect expensive electronics.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
looking at buying a ranger 620 and I have a few questions. Looking at either the 250 pro verado or the 4 stroke 250 yamaha, has anyone run into troubles with these two? And can't decide if I should ram mount the electronics or have them installed into the dash. thanks for any info
I had a 150 Verado that I hated. That probably has little in comparison with the 250 Verado. However what you may find interesting is I had a lemon Verado and Mercury failed me miserably. After giving Merc a whole heck of a lot of cash for an outboard they were no where to be found when that outboard turned out to be a POS.

Bad Customer service from Merc. I'll never own another Merc again.

I hear the new Yamaha 250 Off Shore is a sweet setup. We all know how Yamaha provides a bullet proof product.