Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vexilar FL19 Ultra Pack charging problem - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 01-02-2010, 02:39 PM

Default Vexilar FL19 Ultra Pack charging problem

I have a new unit. When I plug the charger into the wall and then into the unit, the light flashes red indicating a connection problem. I do have the master power on as the instructions say to do. A steady red indicates charging and a green light indicates charged. I can't find anything wrong with the connection as it is about as plug and play as you can get. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Default correction Vexilar FL-18 Ultra Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have a new unit. When I plug the charger into the wall and then into the unit, the light flashes red indicating a connection problem. I do have the master power on as the instructions say to do. A steady red indicates charging and a green light indicates charged. I can't find anything wrong with the connection as it is about as plug and play as you can get. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this?
Sorry, I meant FL-18, not 19. Typo
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Minnow

You can go to Vexilar.com and go to support to ask them a question, I don't know how long it will take them to respond, but everyone says their support is very good. But if it were me and I wanted to charge it up to go fishing, I would take it apart and try to charge the battery directly, if it still won't work maybe the charger is no good. I've just got an FL12 pro pack so I just hook up to the battery directly, I know that you have charging jacks and a master switch so if it's new and never did work, maybe something is wired wrong, or the polarity is backwards. Just guessing, you should contact vexilar.
Tad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Lightbulb

If the charger LED is not flashing, it is not a short or a polarity issue.

If it is the new Vexilar charger that you plug into the cord in the rear, no need for any power switch to be on at all to charge the unit. But if the connections to the battery are loose, that will indicate a bad charge or no circuit...so check the internal battery connections and all other connections inside....one may have wiggled loose in shipping.

With the Master front Power Switch "off"...plug in the new charger...if the unit starts up...you know you have power in to the unit and likely to the battery.

Now...With nothing hooked up...what does the D-130 digital say for % of charge right now.

Master Power in "On" position...no charger connected in the rear..what does it say?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
unknown

Turn the master power switch to on and the unit power switch to off
Old 01-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Default Update

spoke to a guy at Vexilar. Great service. Said they outsourced some of their assembly and found out later the wiring had been done incorrectly. he told me to switch a couple of wires around and that worked. Kind of a pain in the rear to have to mess with a new unit but the folks at Vexilar did give me great service and helped me get this thing fixed without having to send it back in. I recommend Vexilar for their service.