Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Black Powder gun? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Wallhanger

Default Best Black Powder gun?

Let me tell my story that I am currently going through with cva. I loaned my optima stainless thumb hole (not high end, I know) to someone and when I got it back, the barrel break release would not move. I thought maybe some missed corrosion so thought I would break it all down and get it cleaned out good.

After taking it apart, I find out that you can not get it back together without pretty much sending it back to them. I have had many trigger assemblies apart, but this one seems to be different. Did a lot of Internet research and have found a local gunsmith that thinks he can put it back together. He said if it needs parts he can not get them though and rifle will need to be sent back.

I did not contact company directly, but after much research, I will not go the cva route again. Can't even find a diagram of the trigger assembly online. I will send it back if gunsmith can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 07:00 AM
Keeper

I have been very happy with my TC Encore. It is very accurate. I have shot out to 250 yds with it. I can hold an 1 1/2 group at 200 yds. Mine shoots best with a clean barrel which I like. The other advantage is you can add different barrels to this platform, shotgun or rifled.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega

Last edited by goosechaser; 11-17-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Wallhanger

Hello: You said the best ? Cooper, nuff said !!!!! Good Luck. O - R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 06:58 AM
Wallhanger

the Johnston muzzleloader is another high end muzzleloader that can make 500 yrd shots with 200 grns of triple 7 pellets. but most of us don't have 2500.00 to 3500.00 for a muzzleloader.