Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Geneva - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-26-2000, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Geneva

My tournament partner is going to fish out of Geneva on Sun. the 30th. Looking for a starting point. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2000, 08:34 AM
Keeper

Default RE: Geneva

Jim,
I didn't get any numbers but I stopped at DW Bait in Fairport on Tues. The reports were very spotty and mostly poor. They said most were 16 to 20 mi north. The Ashtabula reports on the board seem to confirm 15 to 20 mi distance. It would seem Geneva wouldn't be much different. Hope you can get some better info.
My boy was coming in for the weekend and was thinking spending Thur. the 27th at either Lorain, Vermilion or Avon. Could you offer any advice as to best bets and posible areas.
Thanks,
Bob Potts
Old 07-26-2000, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

It's a short run out of Lorain. Get out between the Lorain dump and the bar ( 6 - 8 miles NNW). Dipsy and std Stinger spoons. #1 @ 70' back, #2 @ 85' back, #3 @ 105 & #4 @ 125'. #3 @ 105 - 110' back with Kavorkian Stinger was our best, but Confusion, Perch on gold, Bumble Bee, Blue Berry Muffin, and a new one that was red around the outside and gold in the middle worked fine also. speed was 2.4 - 2.8 mph on the gps. all sizes but enough 21 - 24" fish to be alot of fun. Stay the heck away from other boats, you'll catch more fish. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2000, 03:59 PM
HawkEyeMIke

ETT, thanks for all your posts on this website. You have helped my fishing. I am sending for your publication at the Lima address you gave.
Old 07-26-2000, 08:35 PM
RB

Your partner will need to take a ride if fishing out of Geneva. You will need to go to the 4210 line to start. some boats out between here and the 4214 line. 8103 good starting point for a west line.
Old 07-27-2000, 06:55 AM
ETT

Thanks a bunch!! That's all we're after. Good luck