Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Garage - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 12-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Keeper

Default Garage

I think I am going to have some problems getting a new 1900 or 2025 Lund into my garage thats only 22 feet deep. If I remember right, a couple of guys said I need a 24' garage. If thats true I'm going to be sunk. Does anyone know 4 sure that these boats positivly won't fit in my garage. My dealer was going to check on this but never gave me a call back. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2003, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Garage

Only one way to find out... get your tape measure out. It will either fit or it won't!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Orange Whip

How about an 1800? Their nice boats too. If I had a garage problem thats the way I'd go.

It took me a year of paying $80.00 a month for rent to store my 2025 to get me to decide to build a garage on my vacant land. Now I can fit two boats in the garage.

Good Luck! Tough decisions ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Keeper

John,
Thats the problem, I don't know what the overall length is on these two boats. The dealer dosen't have them on the floor and he dosen't know how much length to add for the motors and tongue.

Orange Whip, I own a 1800 right now, its a great boat but I want to move up.

Old 12-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Ralph

You'll have to try it. It will depend on the width of the garage door. You will not back it straight in, but angle it. So you don't necessarily need a garage that long.

Ralph
Old 12-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Keeper

Absolutely will NOT fit in a 22' deep garage. My Tyee 1950 on trailer is about 25'- 26' long. I doubt that it would fit even with a swing-tongue trailer. Mine's an I/O but the lower unit doesn't extend much if any farther than the big new 4 stroke outboards. My garage is 32' outside depth and I have about 1' to walk around the tongue on front and about 4-5' behind.

Maybe if its a 22' deep 2-car garage it might go in on an angle but it'll take up most of the garage.

Or you can do what a buddy of mine did. He parks his boat in forward and cut a hole in the wall to the house. If you open the cabinet under his kitchen sink, you'll see his trailer tongue sticking through. It took a while but his wife finally got used to it.

Old 12-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Lundeepv

Does his wife have a sister??? That is one special woman!!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

If you can get a swing tongue trailer that breaks right at the nose of your boat, you can get a 1900 in there with it cocked just a little bit. You have to lower the motor all the way down, but it will go. My garage is exactly 22"4", and my 1900 ProV goes straight in there with a little to spare. I talked to Eagle when I ordered my trailer and told them that it had to be as short as possible. When I break the tongue, the longest point of my boat is the nose of the boat, the end of the trailer is actually behind the nose. That's what you need. Work with your dealer to get the right trailer setup and it will work for you. Watch out for the quick fix of moving the boat too far forward on the trailer. If they do that, you'll ed up with too much tongue weight. You want the boat in the right position, and gain the extra clearance you need by getting a tongue that breaks at the nose of the boat or slightly behind.

Good luck, it can be done!

Old 12-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Stinger,
I had an Alumacraft 195 TP that I kept in my 24' by 24' garage. I have a 24" work bench inside the garage also so we have about the same space. The Alumacraft 195 TP is the same length as the 1900 Pro V. I would have to put the boat in on an angle to get it to fit. One thing I would like to mention is that the trailer that I had on the Alumacraft was a single axle trailer. Not sure how much shorter these are but they are much easier to manuver around than a dual axle. Like the other posts, take out the measuring tape to be sure. Good luck with your boat.

Scott
Old 12-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Wallhanger

The 2025, for sure, will not fit into a 22' deep garage. I've got a 2025 with a 250 hpdi, and with the motor down, and the tongue swung away, I have about 2 feet of clearance in a 26' deep garage.