Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
just got my Ezee Steps installed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Default just got my Ezee Steps installed

After last summer slipping a few times while getting out of my new Ranger 620FS while loading I decided there has to be an easier way and a few searches on Walleye Central pointed me to Ezee Step and they seemed like the real deal. All of my previous boats including 2 620T's were relatively easy because they sat low in the trailer. I honestly can not say enough about Mark and his approach to my order, he called and helped me measure, actually got them over a week ago but wasn't going to install until it got warmer in my shed. He called me on Monday to see how it went and he is going to make a little modification for me to change something. Compared to what my trailer cost and the $1200 upgrade I did, these were cheap. I definitely recommend Mark and this product!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160125_210202_resized_1.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	190586  
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Taleb

Nice! I have been getting into my boat the ugly way. I have fell in the water at least once. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Wallhanger

It looks like the steps will make it easier to get in and out of your boat. They sure do look like they have sharp square edges and might be a shin buster if your not careful. Rounded steps might be better.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 06:42 AM
Minnow

One of the best investments I have made and added to my boat trailer.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-i-Lama View Post
They sure do look like they have sharp square edges and might be a shin buster if your not careful.
I've been using them for years, and have yet to bump into them. It's really not an issue, because of where they sit. You're more likely to hit your shin on the trailer hitch than that lower step.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

Juls is right!

Ive got a set on my Pro V trailer and love them. Going to take possession of a new Lund Alaskan as a second boat and they will be made this summer for that boat. The steps really help me with the launching and loading of a boat on a trailer and will not go back to not having them. Joe
Old 01-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Slot Fish

Is anyone using these with the Handle installed? I fish to much by myself to not have have these!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezee step 3.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	190794  
Old 01-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Wallhanger

Good to hear the feedback. I've been considering a set, but worried about the shin cracker. I've about had it with walking the tongue and using the spare tire as a step.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 01-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Wallhanger

I'm not aging as gracefully as I had hoped I would lol. I am looking for alternatives, too. Right now, when I load my boat on the trailer, I step on the T-motor and jump into the bed of my truck. I bought a new truck last spring, and also had to extend the receiver on my hitch to accommodate my landscape trailer too (trailer is too close to the truck when it's attached, and the tailgate hits the jack handle). It's a longer jump than it used to be lol!!

Those steps are permanent right? There's no folding or temporarily removing them, right? My 3rd bay is a little tighter and I have a rider that I store in front of the boat off to the side. It needs to be removed each time I pull the boat out. I don't think I could store that there anymore.

I think they look awesome. Can you get them on either side of the trailer? Or would the winch get in the way?
Old 01-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
I think they look awesome. Can you get them on either side of the trailer? Or would the winch get in the way?

They are bolted on. It would be a pain, to have to remove them and put them back on all the time, especially by yourself. They are heavy duty steps, which means they are not light weight.

I'm pretty sure he can build them for either side, (but you would have to check with him)... it's the bow mount trolling motor that would be in the way on the port side. You don't want to chance tripping over that when you're stepping out, or climbing in.

On a side note: I had the grab bar on the 2015 Ranger, and I don't think I would go without one again. It comes in very handy for stability.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112