Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How do you rig your jiggin rods? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Ed Knutson

Default How do you rig your jiggin rods?

Hello,

Pretty new to ice fishing. This will be my second winter. I went out and bought about 8 jiggin rods last winter, and spooled em with 6lb Berk Trilene. I've heard talk of using lighter line (4-6lb) with a fluoro leader? Anybody have any recomendations. I fish perch in the daytime, and switch to eyes at dusk and into the evening hours.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Minnow

Default RE: How do you rig your jiggin rods?

Hi, I spool everything with straight 6lb Berkly Vanish and have never had problems, just wet knot before pulling. I stopped doing leaders to much screwing around with slip boobers / sinkers not being able to position right if in really shallow stuff, its just easyier for ice fishing running straight floro (I think) its only going 0-20 feet up the whole. Also for perch I have a rod rigged with 4 lb Berkly vanish and love it. I dont go below 4lb it just breaks, Lol.