Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
leaving sat., any more Winnie info? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-27-2000, 07:03 AM
Keeper

Default leaving sat., any more Winnie info?

We're leaving on sat. I've read the reports from Judds. Is there anybody with more info? How about the northern end of the lake up by Cutfoot?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2000, 09:21 AM
night_eyes

Default RE: leaving sat., any more Winnie info?

Hey jimbo i leave saturday too and have been looking for info and this is what i've heard. Walleyes are on a good bite right now. Crawlers and leeches both producing fish. 18' in the morning and then go to 18-24' about 11 am. Good producing areas are "The Humps", Sugar Bar, North and south sections of Center Bar, Horseshoe Bar, and the south end of Long Bar. I hope to get out to a few of these spots. I'll be in my girlfriends dads boat...its more of a recreational boat but it will work. Its a blue thundercraft with a brand new Mercury 115 hp. What will you be in again? Good luck!!!
Old 07-27-2000, 10:06 AM
Keeper

I'll be in my Tyee, 17.5', red and alum.
I read those same reports, but I would like to know about the north end too. HIghbanks has always had a good spinner and leech bite, I'll give it a go no matter what I hear.
Good luck
If you see me give a yell or a short toot on the horn. I'll respond the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2000, 08:28 AM
hightower

My parents are up there right now, they mostly fish perch but we'll also take the walleyes. Ma called on thurs. and they limited out on the perch but the eyes were kinda slow, need six yet. Usually they fish more in suger bay, instead of suger bar. about 10 to 14 ft. of water off the point of the shoreline. also try out suger lake. i know it is very weedy but theres holes in there that arn't marked on any maps, you have to find them. i pulled a lot of fish out of there a few weeks ago. biggest was 26.5 in. few slot fish too. for me if there over 17 they all go back in. gotta keep the lake going, so i'll do my part. sorry so long but good luck up there , it's my heaven. used harnesses by the way good luck hightower.