Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing lines are getting better. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Keeper

Default Fishing lines are getting better.

My thought's are that fluorocarbon lines are getting so good at being abrasion resistant that you may not need a big ugly steel leader or the larger fluorocarbon leader.
I have a walleye outfit rigged with 8lb floro that has caught several big pike up to 42"and musky up to 44"and the line was fine. I always check for nicks and re-tie when necessary.
Thinking of going with a smaller musky outfit with 25lb floro and tying directly to the lure or a snap barrel swivel. I think this would only work on lures that are 2oz and smaller.
I know I'm taking a chance here but how many fish have I missed because the fish noticed the leader? I also think lure action would improve.
I watch a few salt water shows and see them bring in 20-35lb bull reds, snook, tarpon, bone fish and permit with no leader.